Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Did you ever?

Did you ever have an idea in your head of exactly how you want something to look? There are so many times when I can see exactly how I want a picture to turn out or a scrapbook page to go together. When I push the shutter button though the camera sees something entirely different that I do. Likewise with my scrapbook pages. I know how I want them to look but when I start putting things on the page they turn out way different than what I imagined. I just don't feel like I have that same artistic flair that so many other digiscrappers have. Whether it's my lack of design concept, the wrong tools or what I don't know but I always end up hating the way my pages look.

If you've been following any of my blog posts you know that I'm working on designing my own kits. The process is going very slow, much slower than I like (mainly because I'm not a very patient person). I start to put something together and don't like the way it looks so I trash the whole thing and start over. Before I know it, I've wasted an entire evening and accomplished nothing. I have learned though, through my sister, that I'm doing everything the hard way. Other people use the CU items in their kits. I thought about maybe buying some of those but to me it just defeats the purpose of creating something MYSELF. (aside from impatient I'm also stubborn) So I keep struggling along doing things the hard way and without all the bells and whistles that the more advanced programs have. (Can you hear the song poor poor pitiful me playing in the background?....lol)

The only reason I'm telling you all of this is because I've finished wasting away another evening on trying to create something and I thought I would share with you a page I made using the new kit I'm working on. I can't say when I'll actually be finished with it and post it as a freebie but it will be coming.

I guess maybe I'm not going to share the page with you today. For some reason I'm not able to upload any pictures. (I don't know if it's a website problem or an impatience problem) I guess it will have to wait for another time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails