Thursday, January 1, 2009

what I've been doing this morning

Since I'm not a drinker or a party animal I have a very clear head this morning and was able to do some playing around. I upgraded to photoshop elements 7 so I've been checking out what's new. I'm still trying to figure out how to use some of the new features and I find myself going back to the same old ways. I really need to start investigating all the possibilities. Any way I just started messing around this morning and was putting some stuff together and this scrap book page was born. After I got the background done it just cried out for some country side pictures.



This one I did for a just for fun challenge on cafe mom. I started with a picture of my eye. duplicated the layer and changed it to black and white. On the black and white layer I erased the eye so that the color would show through. Then I found a color wheel and copied and pasted it on top of the black and white layer. I played around with the different blending modes until I got one I liked, adjusted the color wheel so that it fit over the blue in the eye and then erased the edges that were extending into the white part. Pretty cool huh? I wonder if they make contacts like that?



I still have the rest of the day with no plans so I may be playing around some more if I don't find some ambition.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails