Thursday, April 16, 2009

If at first you don't succeed

I'm attempting to live up to the age old adage "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again". I'm absolutely fascinated by the moon and have been on a quest to capture the perfect picture despite my lack of skill and the right equipment. I've made numerous attempts to get just the right shot but have not been able to come up with anything that I'm satisfied with. I'll probably embarrass myself here but I've got attempts to show you. This is by no means all of the results of my endeavor. This is merely the ones that have yet to fall victim to the recycle bin.
This one, although it's not what I was looking for, is kind of fascinating. I took this through the sliding glass door and I think that the extra moons were reflections in the glass.


Ha ha, this one is just pitiful.


This is probably the best one I've gotten so far. If I only had a bigger zoom on my camera, it may have been what I've been trying for.


Oops, another flop....lol


Here's one of a daytime moon. Not so bad, but again, need more zoom.


All of these attempts have not been a total loss. Aside from having fun experimenting with my camera, picture number 2 was transformed into today's freebie. After opening up that picture and playing around with it for awhile, I came up with something that sort of resembled an old piece of slate. A little more playing and fine tuning, a little dodge here and little burn there, add some texture and some bevel and voila. So here it is, my interpretation of a piece of slate. There is one plain and one that I added some flowers to. I always thought that those slates with the pictures painted on them looked pretty cool.
Nothing left to say but if you want the freebie the download is HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 16 Apr [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 17 Apr [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Miawa said...

I of course like all of them! But three is AWESOME.

Related Posts with Thumbnails