Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a wonderful surprise

Yesterday I received an email from my cousin Joyce with the subject line "is this you". My first thought was that it would have a picture of an orangutan or something like that and a caption that read "I noticed a slight resemblance"...lol What a fantastic surprise it was when I opened it up and saw this picture.

That is indeed me standing in the back. This was taken eons ago at my uncle's farm. Those are two of my other cousins, Joanna and Rosie. The horse is buttercup. I remember it like it was just yesterday. I used to love to go visit my aunt and uncle. It turns out that my cousin Rosie has been posting old pictures on facebook, so I went and checked it out. I had to snag the next one when I saw it.

This is my grandma and grandpa Surovick. I have very few memories of my grandfather, he died when I was quite young. I do remember my grandmother though, we called her Baba. She didn't speak any english at all. Her and my grandfather were from Poland. I can remember going to visit and her and my father would be conversing and I had no idea what they were talking about. It sure made my head turn though when in the middle of all their talk I heard "Annie". It just didn't seem fair that I had no idea what was being said but that something was being said about ME....lol I have plans to turn this picture into a scrapbook page for sure.

My daughter stopped over with her new boyfriend the other day. My camera was sitting on the counter and Adam picked it up and started snapping pictures. First Amanda said to me "Adam really likes your camera mom" then she looked at him and said "You know she's going to play with these".....lol My daughter does speak the truth. Of course I'm going to play with them. In fact, there is a law that states "Any pictures in Ann's possession MUST BE PLAYED WITH"....lol So here is what I did to the picture I took of them. I really liked it. I don't know if Amanda will or not but she's gotta like it better than the flower fairy thing....lol

I was visiting www.panosfx.com the other day and downloaded some of their free effects. I know how to do the out of bounds edit but I rarely do it because it's so tedious to me. Panos has a free effect or action, whatever you want to call it that does a lot of the work for you. This is a quick one I did just to try it out. I did this in under 10 minutes. I have several of their other effects too. You should try it out if you haven't already. I may have told you about this site before, but it's worth mentioning again.

Finally, remember I posted the free template that my sister had on her blog? Well I did a layout with it.
I used a kit that I got from shabby princess. It's called spontaneous delight and is designed by Carrie Stephens. The word art is by Robyn Gough at clikchic. I finished the layout and just for the fun of it I ran one of Graffi's actions on it. It's called old romance, and I love the vintage look it gives the layout. I liked them both and couldn't bear to part with either one of them.

1 comment:

Census said...

As usual Ann you have some wonderful photographs! I love the old family ones and imagine one with you in, what a find!!It's amazing what memories old photogrpahs bring back.
The photo effects look terrific. I love panosfx too. There are some great free actions that I have used for some of my scrapbook pages.
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails