Today you get to see what I was up to with that embroidery floss over the weekend.
Back in the day, I dabbled in cross stitch so I had a whole box full of embroidery floss. When I spotted some candle matts online I got the idea to make one for myself. I also happen to have lots of material in my stash.
I could have gotten a pattern or iron on transfer but thought I would just draw it out myself since I was going real simple.
I didn't want the writing to look perfect and aside from that I just wanted a rough star and a simple border.
And there you have it.
Since I wasn't sure if I would really like doing this I didn't get real elaborate but I'm sure I"m going to be doing more of these. You can't see it but the back is a green small checked fabric. It's the same fabric I used on the top of my grubby jar in yesterday's post.
So far this week has been a rough one and it's not going to be getting any easier. At least only 2 more days after today before the weekend. I hope I survive it. I may go in to hibernation on Saturday :)