Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This little light

Today you get to see what I was up to with that embroidery floss over the weekend.
Back in the day, I dabbled in cross stitch so I had a whole box full of embroidery floss. When I spotted some candle matts online I got the idea to make one for myself. I also happen to have lots of material in my stash.
I could have gotten a pattern or iron on transfer but thought I would just draw it out myself since I was going real simple.
I didn't want the writing to look perfect and aside from that I just wanted a rough star and a simple border.


And there you have it.

Since I wasn't sure if I would really like doing this I didn't get real elaborate but I'm sure I"m going to be doing more of these. You can't see it but the back is a green small checked fabric. It's the same fabric I used on the top of my grubby jar in yesterday's post.

So far this week has been a rough one and it's not going to be getting any easier. At least only 2 more days after today before the weekend. I hope I survive it. I may go in to hibernation on Saturday :)

25 comments:

Sandee said...

That's as cute as can be. I love it. You are so talented. Did Duke help?

Have a terrific day. My best to Duke. :)

allotments4you said...

You're embroidery looks great Ann...I love the child-like quality it has to it.

have to say I have never got into embroidery...I have tried but just didn't have the knack for it...you are obviously lucky enough to be good at everything you do!!

marie said...

I love your "prim" stitchin'!

Take it easy this week...hibernating on Saturday might be a good idea!

Jen said...

Oh, now that is just TOO cute, Ann! I also love what you did with the napkin holder thingamajiggy in yesterday's post - it looks terrific (you talented thing, you :o)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I prefer embroidery to counted cross stitch and think this project is so cute!Love the font :)

MadSnapper said...

mother tried to teach me to crochet and embroider, she loved both and when she was sitting down had oneof the other in her hands. mine were so ugly and i got so frustrated, i gave up. i did manage to embroider a little owl.

Donna said...

How sweet! Busy hands are happy hands!

Remington said...

That is really cool! Very creative, my friend!

Tanyia said...

awww that is adorable, sis!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

And just take things an hour at a time, sometimes that's the best approach for a difficult week.

Duni said...

That looks great! You have so many talents :) I love the way you stitched the border. I've tried cross-stitch once, but I'm not patient enough - I want quick results ;-)

Helen said...

It turned out great! really like the sentiment. great job!

Anonymous said...

You are endlessly creative and talented. I like that "font" too..

Out on the prairie said...

I love this stuff. I got a small kit once but didn't do very well.I shocked a neighbor when I pulled out a sewing kit for her to use.

Dr Sonia S V said...

How cute it looks Ann!

Marie said...

That's cute Ann! You will make it! Enjoy everyday that gets you to the weekend!

Donna said...

That's cute!!
hughugs

Unknown said...

I love it - simple but yet so perfect!
Have a great day!

BeadedTail said...

That's so cute and the possibilities are endless! Hope the rest of your week goes better!

Rose Clearfield said...

How sweet! Hang in there this week.

Dee said...

I like the simplicity of it. Very cute. :) I am sorry your week has been a rough one I do hope things get better quick.I myself have become a Saturday hibernator.

Reeni said...

Cute! I like the saying. I'm sorry you're having a bad week. Hope it gets better!

Debra Dickinson said...

Adorable stitchery! You are so talented! I hope your little light gets brighter and brighter as you get some rest this weekend. Do what I'm learning to do - say no. Take care. Hang in there!

Chatty Crone said...

That is cute and I LOVE that song.

Sharkbytes said...

That's very cute! Sorry you are having a rough week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails