Today I bring you Jerry who some of you may know as Fishhawk of As the Crackerhead Crumbles. I believe that I met Jerry in my Entrecard dropping days. More often than not I can count on Jerry to give me a laugh with his comments. Occasionally he goes all soft and mushy but being the manly man that he is it doesn't last long.
Jerry requested pictures of Duke to be displayed with today's post so Duke put on his readers so he wouldn't miss a word.
1) How long have you been blogging and what made you start? I first starting blogging in 2007 as a way to publish the books that I had been given to write, and the ministry has grown in several different directions since.
2) What is one piece of advice you would give to a new blogger? Be as engaging as possible. Invite people into your life, and ask more than just rhetorical questions while trying to be gentle with those who might not appreciate your views on sensitive subjects as much as you may believe they should.
3) Do you have any hobbies or special talents? Well, my parents considered me a know-it-all. So, that makes me a very special person--right? In all seriousness, I have spent some time in almost every part of this country--apart from Alaska and Hawaii, and I have always been very adaptable in different situations around very different people from myself. Of course, the most valuable is something that most will refuse to believe is anything more than just a figment of my own imagination. For I have been allowed and enabled to truly have a very close and personal relationship with our Heavenly Father, which includes Him speaking to and with me on a regular basis.
4) Of course you love all the blogs you visit but share a link to one of those and tell us why we should check it out. [Adullamite] has been one of my favorites for years--in spite of him being a cantankerous ol' Scot in every stereotypical sense.
5) What is the one thing that totally makes you crazy? People acting like you have crashed their private party when you happen to stumble upon their site and dare leave a comment. Sadly, many "Christians" are as bad about this as anyone out there.
6) Give one random thought. Why do I keep smelling bacon frying when there is none to be found anywhere around? Could this be an old Communist plot that didn't get cancelled after the end of the cold war? (Sorry, that was two thoughts. I have trouble with math at times.)
Jerry also requested that I not use a picture of a cat's butt but thought his wife Arlynda would get a kick out of it if I did. Since I didn't want to offend my friend but wanted to amuse his wife I used Duke's butt instead.