The nice thing about all this crafting I've been doing is it's giving me plenty of subjects for blog posts.
I've got a nice supply of grubby tea lights ready for the craft show. I did these two different ways. First I was brushing them with mod podge, sprinkling on cinnamon and then giving them another layer of mod podge. Then I came across directions for an easier way to do them. Wish I would have rememberd where I read it so I could give them credit for this idea. If I find it I"ll update later. Any how, I covered the flame tip with masking tape, spray painted the white tea light black. Next a squirt or two of a spray adhesive and sprinkle on some cinnamon.
They aren't completely covered in the cinnamon but with the black paint it works.
The first batch of these that I did I didn't wear gloves. Big mistake. Not only did I get black spray paint on my hands but when I sprayed on the spray adhesive I was a sticky mess. Lesson learned.
I also made some tags to put on some of my stuff. I used a brown card stock, cut the tags out with my cricut. These got a little bit of coffee and spice staining then I drew on the black lines, added some glitter paint and a string.