Monday, August 12, 2013

From my in box

I believe I forgot to mention that I was taking the weekend off from the computer. Since I'm still not quite ready to return, I'm bringing you a recent email I recieved from my cousin.



The last wishes of Alexander the Great:

On his death bed, Alexander summoned his generals and told them his three
Ultimate wishes:

1.  The best doctors should carry his coffin;
2.  The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should
Be scattered along the procession to the cemetery, and
3.  His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the coffin for all to
See.

One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked
Alexander to explain.

Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:

1.  I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that, in the
Face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal
2.  I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees
That material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth
3.  I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that
We come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed
After the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME.
TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED.  We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life
 that we will never take back.
Our time is our life.
May God grant you plenty of TIME and may you have the wisdom to give it away so that you can LIVE & LOVE in peace.



"Life is not the way it's supposed to be... It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.


13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

This is super Ann!!

Duni said...

Very true, Ann! Thanks for sharing :)

MadSnapper said...

in other words... Stuff Happens... what is is....

Catherine said...

Enjoy your bloggy break!
xo Catherine

Grace said...

I don't think Alexander the Great actually said that...I've been off the computer quite a bit for the last 3 or 4 days - don't really miss it all that much - but have missed you...want to know more about the craft fair...

Helen said...

great post. whoever said it is so true,we go the way we came.

Sandee said...

If this is true then great, and if he didn't say this it's still true. It is excellent advice and I've seen lots of empty people that don't know the meaning of life.

Have a terrific day my friend. My best to Duke. :)

BeadedTail said...

Whoever said it it's pretty dang true! Hope you're doing well! Smooches to Duke!

Unknown said...

I can't recall ever hearing that before.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a chilling story. I hope you are having a good rest!

Lin said...

oh, I like that. And how true it all is.

I hope you are enjoying your free time. :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

So true, Ann.. We can't take it with us, can we?????

We all need to take the TIME to experience life. It's good to take time off from blogging. We need that balance in our lives..

Hugs,
Betsy

Dee said...

True...

Related Posts with Thumbnails