Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Thanks for sticking it out

You may be happy to hear that today is the last of the stick projects. At least for right now. I'm sure that I'll be doing more of them in the future.

This one is my favorite but it's actually not done yet.

I broke all my sticks into 6" lengths. I've made two of these so far and the first one I cut a wreath form out of a cereal box and wrapped it with sisal twine. The second one I decided that I wanted a sturdier form so I purchased a foam wreath form at the dollar store and sliced it in half so that I would get two wreaths out of it. The foam I wrapped in burlap strips because it was a lot quicker than wrapping it in twine. Then I just started hot gluing the sticks around until it was all filled up.

I'm still debating on what I want to put on this to finish it off. I think it would look ok just as it is but I've also got some fall picks that I picked up at Michaels that would look really nice on it too.

23 comments:

Molly Smith said...

Oh my gosh, all your stick projects this week are fabulous! I will come back tomorrow and comment on the others. I love-love this burst/wreath. I think fall picks will look really nice, or, just the way it is.

booahboo said...

the base for a wonderful beautiful wreath :) it could even be a wall clock ;)

bichonpawz said...

I like it Ann! I really, really Like it!!

Christine said...

I need more sticks! Another great project! TFS!

MadSnapper said...

new favorite, this is great and can be decorated for fall or Christmas or spring. it can be seasonal depending on what you decorate. and if you wire the decorations they can be removed and changed by the season...

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Ann this is so cool. Am sad to hear its your last in the stick series..was really enjoying your creativity

Ginny Hartzler said...

You finished your stick crafts with a real show stopper!!! Ir is most excellent!!!

Sandee said...

I'm guessing you'll put some fall color to this at some point. I like it though. I am amazed at what you come up with. Awesome.

Have a terrific day. My best to the man of the house...Duke. ☺

marie said...

Yep...this is my favorite too! Just as it is. Or with the fall picks. If the picks were removable, you could change them seasonally!

Unknown said...

It looks very nice against the white door.

Grace said...

It needs something in the middle - Right???

Unknown said...

Happy doesn't even start to express my feelings, nor those of a couple of fellars in your general vicinity.

Marg said...

That is so terrific. Sticks sure make a good decoration. I like that. Take care.

Out on the prairie said...

I could see a small mirror with this.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a pretty little wreath, Ann. You are giving other 'crafters' so many wonderful ideas about crafts that can be made for almost no money at all. You are just SO creative...

Hugs,
Betsy

Helen said...

how creative you are! I really like it. A lot can go up there. Can't wait to see when it is completely done.

Lin said...

That's very cute.

Are there ANY sticks left in your neck of the woods???

Nancy said...

I love the natural look to this Ann -- well done!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see how it is when finished... from the looks of it thus far it's going to be pretty neat.

Donna said...

I really like that! You could do some fabric rosettes to put around the center for further embellishment.

Chatty Crone said...

It is beautiful now - but I tell you what - when finished - gorgeous.

Antonella said...

I agree with you, this may be my favorite one too... I can picture all the seasons... hmmm, maybe your pumpkins??
hugs, antonella :-)

Sharkbytes said...

Bright leaves and viney things

Related Posts with Thumbnails