Thursday, May 29, 2014

When the toilet paper is gone

Don't throw out that empty roll from your toilet paper use it to wrap a little gift with.

Marie from Spun by Me had pinned some paper roll pillow boxes and I thought they were a great idea. Since I just happened to have a couple of empty rolls I thought I would make some of my own. You can find the original ones on Art is Medicine

I actually made three of these but don't have a picture of the first one. That one I did make with a toilet tissue roll. The second two were made from a paper towel roll that was cut in half.

Those little yo-yo flowers have been decorating a lot of my projects lately. The postage marks are a stamp set I purchased quite a while ago and finally found a good use for them



This one was a happy accident. I was pulling out different things to glue on and I used the small fabric scrap, tea dyed cheese cloth and a bit of lace. Then I was digging through my stash and found those beads, a bit of blue wire and some hemp cord. I twisted a few strands of the cord to make it look like a rope and then glued all the little bits on. I was quite pleased with the way this one turned out.

These won't hold anything big but are perfect for a small gift like a pair of earrings or a charm.

20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are each beautiful!! Treasures from trash...

Hootin Anni said...

I LOVE THESE ANN!

Out on the prairie said...

I love these, what a great idea to use them.

Duni said...

These are adorable! I love that flower yoyo :)

Catherine said...

Cute idea! You are the craftiest!
xo Catherine

Sandee said...

How adorable. And I just throw mine away. I wouldn't be able to make something this cute anyway.

Have a fabulous day Ann. My best to Duke. ♥♥♥

MadSnapper said...

bob says to tell you our dogs eat our tp rolls, half each.. and he made an airplane out of a long skinny paper roll... mother would love the one with the sealife on it and anything that would fit in it.. a necklace, earrings, or shells. she loved shells.

Grace said...

Damn, woman you are so clever - I love both of those equally...

Bossy Betty said...

These are wonderful! I love this idea.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

OMG! If you only saw what I use ours for!!!! LOL! ...:)JP

crafty cat corner said...

Brilliant idea and recycling at the same time.
I remember taking photos through a toilet roll it must be in the archives some where.
Thanks for the comment on the boxed cats. Rupert looks big but he's all fur and quite skinny underneath, that's how he manages to get all of him into the box. lol
Briony
x

Marg said...

What a good idea. That looks terrific. Such a good idea. Take care.

Antonella said...

What a great idea, and such a pretty project. I love those postage stamp stamps - this is a great use for them.
Hugs, Antonella :-)

BeadedTail said...

Those are so cute! Can you get any more clever?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Bet you can guess what we use our left-over toilet paper rolls for??????????????? Fire-starters for our wood-burning fireplace!!!!!! ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

You ARE so creative, really love what you have done with these empty rolls.

Dee said...

Oh my goodness I love these...I have a secret pal at church and this is a great idea to put a small gift in...♥

Unknown said...

The trouble with crafty people is that they are so crafty!

marie said...

I LOVE these!! Especially the one with the yo-yo flower!! I was thinking about using a wrapping paper tube to make some. They're a little bigger...maybe a gift card would in one of them.

Bee Lady said...

So cute! I've got to give this a try sometime. (I came from A Quiet Corner)

Cindy Bee

Related Posts with Thumbnails