Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Booked

Lately all of my creative efforts have been going in a more artsy direction. I've done a lot with the art journal and learning new things that I've tried on other projects.

One of the things I did was make a little book. When I say little I do mean little. It measures 3 3/4 x 2 3/4 and is made from one piece of paper. You can find a tutorial for the basic book on Splitcoast Stampers

After making the book I started decorating the pages. For this one I used mostly markers.

The front cover

And the inside pages
I used the saying that Connie used on the tag attached to my giveaway prize.

I had the help of printables and rubber stamps for this one.



And this one is my favorite. I love the bright sunny colors. The Think Happy Be Happy is a stamp and the words on the opposite page I wrote on a piece of paper, cut them out and glued them on the page. The yellow and orange was done with marker and the off white color is paint that I dabbed on with my finger. The dark red circles on the left hand page was a straw that I dipped into paint. Lastly I used a pencil to add some shadow around the words.

21 comments:

Ginny said...

Wow, you used so many different kinds of art medium on this tiny book. So pretty and special.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Fabulous little book Ann, so colourful and filled with great messages and images!

Duni said...

That is the cutest little book, Ann! I love the saying and the happy pages in the last photo :)

crafty cat corner said...

You're so right about being creative each day, they say it raises the serotonin levels and I'm sure it does, I know I feel a whole lot better when I'm making things.
Briony
x

Christine said...

I'm glad that we can express our creativity and still be happy even if it's not perfect! That's why I love your little book! Great job!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Wow....such talent! I'm lovin' it Ann.

Sandra said...

this is really cute and I can't tell how small it is by looking, so good you gave us the size. my favorite page is the last one. a real strawberry? did you eat it?

Out on the prairie said...

Fun little book, I always like miniatures.

Grace said...

Love all the happy colors!

SweetMarie said...

I love those bright cheerful colors as well. :) you are such an artist! I also like that first drawing under your pinterest items on the side bar. Looks like a bouquet of hearts?

Connie said...

Good Morning Ann, I like your little book, what a fun project. I'm happy that you liked my tag enough to reuse my quote :)
Have a happy day.
Connie :)

Mariodacatsmom said...

You are so very creative, and you put fun into all your projects. I love your little book.

Sandee said...

Love them all and especially the last one. You are so crafty. I so wish I was.

Have a terrific day. My best to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

marie said...

I LOVE THIS! Your favorite is my favorite! I'm going to try that straw dipping idea for sure!
I think you should consider changing "iannieam" to "iannieamartsy"! Now there's a mouthful!!

Marg said...

Those are all terrific. I like them all. What a great book that is. Have a Happy Tuesday.

Helen said...

very cute indeed. Faye would love to make this little book.

BeadedTail said...

How fun and cheery! I have no idea how you think of all the different things to do but it always turns out fabulous!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Love your tiny little book! And I am impressed by your creative designs throughout each page!

Your new blog look is so perfect. The heading is the best :)

Reeni Pisano said...

These little books make me happy! So cute!

Antonella said...

I love the fact that the book is filled with your personality, from the quirky, fun sayings to the various styles and art!
Hugs,
Antonella :-)

Sharkbytes said...

Such creative fun! And I like "When life gives you hands..."

Related Posts with Thumbnails