Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Documented Life Project

I really seem to be dragging my feet on these this month.  I wasn't getting any inspiration of any kind on this one and finally I just made myself start to see what would happen.

April 18
Art Challenge:  Gelli Plate
Journal Prompt:  A lot on my Plate


I did use the gelli plate for the original background but I really didn't like the way it looked so I covered it up . I still had no idea where to go with this. Finally I figured, when I have a lot on my plate I don't know if I'm coming or going so that is what all the arrows are for. I still don't feel quite satisfied with this page but it was time to call it done and move on.

12 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Perhaps a little practice with your new toy will make it more usable. I would like to see what more you can do with it.

Hootin Anni said...

I got the concept of the arrows right away.

Been there, done that. All too often I might add.

Hope your day will be going smoothly....with a distant thought of the weekend coming up soon.

MadSnapper said...

my friend showed me her new bracelet today at the YMCA it says on it "it is what is is"... and so it is

Christine said...

Yep, I can totally relate to the arrows idea! We all find direction eventually! Heading south for warm sunny skies sounds like a plan!

Sandee said...

I know about that coming and going thing. Yes I do.

Have a fabulous day Ann. Scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

True, not one of your best but it's all a learning process. I googled gelli plates when you first mentioned them and watched a video - interesting tool. If only I were artistic LOL

BeadedTail said...

Ah, now I get the arrows! Very clever there Ann!

Jen said...

Pretty sure mine would be circles and loop-de-loops, since I feel like I'm half loopy and running in circles most days. *Laugh*

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! Love the colors and the directions!

Unknown said...

Craftiness is a degenerate disease. So, it's going to get much worse for you until you start spending more time in the kitchen frying bacon.

Deb said...

Yep, sometimes when inspiration fails you it's best to just jump right in and see what develops. And I think you did a wonderful job on this page Ann, I totally got that the arrows meant you were being pulled in many directions before you even said it. Great page!

Marie said...

I feel like this lots of days. :) I get it! hope you have a nice weekend!
hugs,
Marie

Related Posts with Thumbnails