Yesterday I told you I have been experimenting with aluminum foil for backgrounds. I find this totally fascinating and I love the look of it.
Here is the background that I was making and used in one of my cards.
And here are a few others in various stages of completion.
How I did this (for anyone who wants to try it) I glued a doubled layer of aluminum foil to my index card. I didn't worry too much if it was stuck down real good because I took the overlalp and folded it over to the back of the card. Which side faces out doesn't really matter. Next I put the foil covered index card inside an embossing folder (the link will take you to a site that will show you what they are) and then I ran it through my cuttlebug machine to get the texture. Next I covered the entire thing with black paint and before it dried started removing some of it. I took a blank card, layed it on top and pressed. This removed paint from the foil and transferred the design to the blank card. When the black paint was dry I added various shades of metallic paint. I would paint, dab some off, paint more, dab some off until it looked just right.
You'll see these backgrounds coming up in cards real soon