Saturday, September 5, 2015

The wrong side of the tracks

A while back I had a discussion with someone about which one of us lived on the right side of the tracks and which one lived on the wrong side We came to the conclusion that so long as a train wasn't passing through it didn't really matter. I have on more than one occasion gone home for my lunch break and on the way back to work had to wait for a train. In that case I definitely lived on the wrong side.

I took this picture one day when Gibbs and I were out for a walk. There was a bit too much sun and the sky was totally washed out.

It wasn't a total loss though. It gave me something to play with


I hope everyone in the U.S. is getting their long weekend off to a great start. I do have today off but have to work tomorrow. Then I have Monday and Tuesday off. At least I get two days in a row.

9 comments:

Grace said...

Well YAY for 2 days off in a row...

Hootin Anni said...

I remember those long weekends when working outside the home well!!! They were much anticipated and never lasted long enough.

Enjoy.

Loved the photos...even the 'washed out' sky.

Hootin Anni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MadSnapper said...

I love the painting look of the edit.. makes a so so pic into art. in our town almost every where we go there is a tract that blocks our way, the Tropicana Orange factory is here and the trains are 4 to 10 minutes long.. we have to factor them in our what if travel times.

Sandee said...

I love how you edit your photographs. Awesome.

I'm happy you're going to have two days off in a row. That rocks.

Have a terrific day. Big hugs to you and my very best to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Christine said...

Nice photo of the tracks! Glad there wasn't a train coming!

Out on the prairie said...

Never cared to wait for a train

Ida said...

I like your edit. It turned out great. - Just kicking back at home for the weekend.

Deb said...

Like your track philosophy! Glad to hear you are going to get a couple of days off in a row Ann, enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails