Wednesday, February 17, 2016

What the fluff

I try not to talk about people I work with on my blog because it's just best not to. However to give you background on today's story I kind of have to. Without using any names of course.

Most of you know that I work in a grocery store and I am the baker. The bakery department is a combined area with the deli. One of the deli girls was telling me that she had asked to make oreo fluff but was told she wasn't allowed to. Now since I am the bakery manager and no one ever tells me what I can or can't do I said I would make it for the bakery. If it sells great, if not I just won't make it again. That was about 2 weeks ago when I made it the first time. Since then I have made it at least 3 times a week.

It may not look like much in the picture but it is pretty tasty.

How do I make it?
One package of cream cheese gets mixed with one can of sweetened condensed milk. I use the hand mixer because I don't have the patience to wait for the cream cheese to get really soft and this gets all the little cream cheese clumps out. Then you  mix in 16 ounces of cool whip. Finally stir in a package of crushed up Oreos and it's done. To keep the cost down a bit I don't use the real oreos. I use our store brand cookies that are called duos but they're just like an oreo

And now for the index card of the day


17 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love the 'co-inkydink' card today.

This is new to me...the oreo fluff!! Sounds rich...I can see why they're selling. You have a winner on your hands.

Christine said...

I think the fluff would be a great seller! Good for you!

Out on the prairie said...

Yum good fluff. Make one like this and add grapes for a grape salad.

Duni said...

I've never heard of this oreo fluff before, but good for you that people are buying it :)

Marg said...

That oreo fluff sounds yummy. Glad you made it and it is a success. That card is hysterical. Good one.

Sandee said...

I've never heard of oreo fluff before. Sounds good though.

Love the index card.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches for Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Jeanette said...

That does look good!

MadSnapper said...

yummmmm oreo cookies are my favorite cookie of all cookies. i am betting good money this card was hanging in the deli... he he he

Grace said...

Actually I threw up a little in my mouth reading about oreo fluff- what the hell is that used for? The card is super snarky...

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

What do you use this for in the store? Cakes?

Love the picture of Amanda - had to laugh at the downgrade in nursing home!

Have a great one - Katie

Ida said...

Now I might actually like the Oreo fluff but I don't like Oreo's.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

OH My heart... I gained a couple of pounds just reading the ingredients of that 'fluff'.... BUT--I must admit that I'd probably love it.... YUM....

Cute card.
Hugs,
Betsy

Reeni said...

The fluff sounds yummy! Weird thing is I don't like oreos right out of the package they have to be mixed into something like this - or ice cream. I usually use Newman-O's instead. Heehee I love the card! It reminded me of someone. :)

BeadedTail said...

Okay, that card kinda ruined the thought of the fluff. Just a little. It still sounds good although I don't know what you'd do with oreo fluff.

Lin said...

Oh my gosh...THAT CARD! I love it.

Soooo...do you eat the Oreo fluff like that...with a spoon? Or do you dip stuff in it?

Unknown said...

I am assuming that it was the deli manager who told her she wasn't allowed to make the fluff and then did not say anything to you about it. Arlynda's sister's daughter (which would make her my niece, I think) also works in a combined bakery/deli, and she often comes home with similar fascinating tales of managerial discretion. By the way, I hope they are paying you better than at least what her brother is making. For he has been with the same grocery chain for around 10 years, and is only getting $10 an hour (while being required to put in 50 hours a week without overtime) as a third manager for an entire store.

Deb said...

Well the fluff sounds delish (and obviously whoever said not to make it is a dodo because it sounds like it is selling like hot cakes!) Deb xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails