Monday, May 2, 2016

April craft report part 1

The month of April I did nothing but the 5x7 wood plaques for my project. I managed to finish 9 and then there was the one I showed you yesterday that was almost finished.

I'm going to break this up in to several posts and only show you a couple at a time. One was a repeat of one I did last month and another I've already shown you.

Today you get these two


I started off by painting the whole thing an off white then taped off a section at the top and bottom to paint the red and blue. I used some inks and stains to distress it a bit and make it look more aged. The burlap pieces that are glued to the middle section were pieces that I purchased some time ago and never found the right project to use them in. I did the writing by hand with a paint pen. That's normally something I'm very reluctant to do because I don't trust myself to not screw it up. 

13 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

These remind me of some of the signs my uncle used to have in his yard. There were lots of them. He was featured on the local news once for all of his colorful stuff in his yard.

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful....very patriotic.
Now the burlap pieces...they were already finished with Liberty & the flag colors...or did you do the paint work beforehand?

These are super Ann....I look forward to seeing more.

Marg said...

Oh those are terrific. I like those a lot. Have a great day today Ann.

bichonpawz said...

They came out just great Ann! Your handwriting is beautiful!

Grace said...

Your handwriting is so good - better than pasted paper, to be honest. Could you not do the writing lightly in pencil and then go over it with paint? This are so well done

MadSnapper said...

they are beautiful and just in time for the 4th of July which will be here before we can blink... i would love to be able to write like you can. mine is horrible.

Sandee said...

I love them both. You're so talented.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and my very best to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Christine said...

Ann these are super! You did a great job with the lettering!

Marie said...

these are wonderful!! your beautiful handwriting reminds me of learning cursive. :) I bet you will sell a lot of these at your craft show!

Out on the prairie said...

I like how you did the flag on In God We trust

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...


They're fabulous! Both of them came out great. Hope all is well in your world.

Have a great day, Ann :))

Lin said...

These are adorable. Would be cute for the 4th of July!

BeadedTail said...

Your writing is so pretty! Very cute and country-y! Yes, I just made up a word!

Related Posts with Thumbnails