Gibbs says I can now show you what I did on Monday.
First I attempted to make more of the owl tealight covers. At one point you have to remove the hoop from the machine and put a layer of felt on the back of the hoop so that it can stitch the two sides together. While I had the hoop out I trimmed some threads off and when I went to brush off some small pieces I knocked the whole thing out of the hoop. In order for it to stitch correctly it needed to be put back in the hoop in the EXACT same spot it was in. I got it pretty close but it was off by just a smidge.
Instead of doing another owl I chose to do some snowmen. Same thing, at one point you need to remove the hoop from the machine and lay a piece of felt on the back of the hoop so it can stitch the two layers together. The back piece of felt folded over on me so in one spot it had a triple thickness. Then when I did the hats I put the back layer on too soon and stitched the bottom of the hat closed. All things that could be fixed but they annoyed me.
Here are the two options for the snowmen. One with the hat and one with the earmuffs.
Lastly, after coming home from my disastrous haircut I decided I was going to make some sock snowmen. They turned out pretty cute.
I wish I would have had something different to use for a nose but the pins worked well enough. These are filled with rice and I only had enough to make 2. Now I need to put rice on the shopping list