Saturday, December 31, 2016

Random stuff

It's the last day of the year and I'm just going to throw out some random things for my post today.

Yesterday I asked what your favorite healthy snack was and there were some good ones mentioned. There was one that really caught my attention though and I've got to try it. I'm mentioning it here in case anyone else wants to try it out too.
Sharla of Beaded Tail fame left me this comment: I like to cut up an apple into bite size pieces, put it in a bowl with a Tbsp of peanut butter and some walnuts and heat it up for 45 seconds in the microwave. The peanut butter melts and coats the apples so it tastes like a dessert but it's all healthy ingredients! 

Facebook's messenger has added some pretty fun features. You can add some fun stuff to your pictures like this one.

 The lighting in the living room wasn't very good so it's not the best picture but the masks and other assorted fun stuff to add to the pictures was entertaining.


Wade bought me a Samsung Galaxy Tablet for Christmas and I've downloaded a couple apps. One of them was a coloring app.  It's fun for now but I've noticed the number of pictures you can color is limited. However they do give you the option of more pictures if you want to pay for them. I think not.

I have no plans for celebrating tonight and most likely won't even be awake to ring in the new year. I do hope that whatever you chose to do you enjoy yourself. I'll see you all next year.

10 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I celebrate life and enjoy another year of living

MadSnapper said...

I saw that come up about the messenger thing but could not figure out how to do it. were you on tablet or phone when you did it. I was on Samsung tablet. glad you got one. I love mine. it boots up so fast I use it more than any other device. the b fly is beautiful. does the app fill when you click or do you color with your finger. I tried one and did not like it, could not stay in the lines. yours looks perfect

Sandee said...

I like Sharla's snack. Hubby would really love that because he loves peanut butter far too much. Just give him the jar and a spoon and he's happy.

We don't celebrate either and we'll be in bed before the new year arrives. I can't remember the last time I was awake to ring in the new year.

° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚Happy New Year
* Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your butterfly is amazing!! It is actually perfect! I saw some new frames on Facebook, but if you use any, you have to make it your profile picture. And I just want to try it for posting.

suzyb said...

Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year's eve. I too probably won't be awake but no doubt shortly after with all the booming and banging at the stroke of midnight. I will be spending the early hours at the neighbours for a few snacks and a couple beverages then home to be with the canine and feline family. :) I do love my fur babies. My partner will no doubt leave early to get home before he turns into a pumpkin or toad, or something like that. I can't remember when we actually both were together until midnight. Getting old I guess. lol
Look forward to seeing you next year!
Victoria, BC

Grace said...

A lot of free apps are limited. I downloaded one or two of those coloring apps - not my thing.

Happy New Year!

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Wishing you a happy, safe and healthy New Year Ann!

Christine said...

Happy New Year, Ann! I'm going to try that healthy delicious sounding snack too!

BeadedTail said...

Glad you liked the apple snack! It's pretty dang yummy and satisfying! I haven't updated Messenger in awhile so I don't think I have that feature yet. I'll have to see. Coloring on a tablet? Who knew!

Sheryl Hastings said...

The apple snack sounds delicious. I like to put mine with caramel and nuts. I suppose that's not a health snack though, especially since I really glob it on! Brian and I got each other tablets this year and I love my sketching app! I actually drew pictures of ladies on it.

I do have a great healthy snack idea though. A small handful of almonds goes a long way. They are good for you. I also like the baked doritos and salsa. It's not "healthy" but it's low cal and fat free.

I wish you nothing but the best in 2017!

Related Posts with Thumbnails