Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Sew what

Back in the day I used to do quite a bit of sewing. When my daughter was little I made lots of clothes for her. I also did  some crafty type sewing.

A couple of my Christmas sewing projects were a gingerbread girl and a how to make a snowman banner.
The pattern I bought for this was for a girl and a boy. It took me forever to finish the girl and I never did get around to making the boy. I do still have the pattern so who knows, maybe some day I'll make her a boyfriend.

She's held up pretty good over the years

This hasn't come out in a couple of years for some reason but this year it's out and hanging on the bathroom wall. It's also held up pretty well.
Both of these projects were done maybe 20 years ago. Possibly even longer

11 comments:

Duni said...

Wow, those are both wonderful! What a cute gingerbread girl! Yes, making dolls is a lot of work :)

Out on the prairie said...

Old memories can be the best. We were discussing themes we had used over the years last night.

MadSnapper said...

The only word that comes to mind has already been over but I'm going to say it anyway wow! I really like the little gingerbread girl she's adorable. I have always wanted to say that the few times I tried it I ended up just what I was making and a temper tantrum

Christine said...

These are lovely Ann! What a sewing talent you have!

Sandee said...

I love the last one the best. So cute.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are awesome! And oh my gosh, the gingerbread girl is just adorable!!! Everything about her is perfect!! I love the pattern and color of her clothes, too. And the snowman, this could be left out all winter, not just at Christmas. It is great!

Grace said...

Love the doll! She's a plump dumpling...

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

They sure did hold up well! I love them both.

Marie said...

these are so cute! so neat to have these after all these years..so sentimental. :) my mom made a lot of my clothes when I was very young and she also made my barbie clothes. :)

BeadedTail said...

You've been crafty for a long time! Those are so nice! The gingerbread girl is very cute!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

What cute holiday decoration you made awhile ago. Things like that are always a treasure to hold on to.

Catching up on all your other posts - you've been busy! Have a great holiday as we countdown the day till Santa comes down the chimney! Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails