Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Out with the old in with the new

Old on the left, new on the right

Same brand just different phone. I've had several LG phones and I like them so I stuck with that.

So who was our carrier? That would be Verizon.
Who is our new carrier? That would be Metro PCS

Cost:
Verizon-roughly $150 a month
MetroPCS- This first month with switching and the new phones it was $110. After the first month we can switch to a different plan that will cost us $80 a month.

What we get
Verizon- shared minutes (can't remember how many), 250 texts each, 2 gigs of data each. Anything over 2 gigs and we get an additional charge.
Metro PCS= unlimited talk, text and data. For this first month everything is totally unlimited. When we switch to the other plan we'll have 3 gigs of data each and after that unlimited at a lower speed with no additional charge.

When I would try and use my phone at work, depending on what part of the store I was in I couldn't always get a signal. It wasn't always real fast either. I tried the new phone out at work on Sunday in different parts of the store and not only could I connect to the internet no matter where I was, it was so fast it was unbelievable. Another amazing thing was a video. On the old I could watch a video but it was slow to load and then it would start and stop throughout. On the new, it played right through without a single glitch.

I could be wrong but I think we made a good switch.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I never heard of your new provider, but it sure looks like a good deal! I have an LG and like it really well! Here, the companies have a pre-paid plan that costs about $25.00 a month. Not unlimited data, but I only use it when I am out.




WE said...

I think it's a good deal for you.

Jille said...

Sounds like you had a good deal Ann.I'm due can upgrade in a couple of months.

DebbieM said...

Good Luck!!🍀

MadSnapper said...

sounds like a great deal. have you tried the videos at home? I find that I have high speed in my back yard but when I come in the house it will not even play video or send a photo with a text. we were in Culvers and I took a pic and sent in text and it went immediately. at home back yard it takes 2 minutes to go. I said to bob look at this thing go, he pointed out the window. across the street was the cell tower, all this means to me, that the phones were faster in some places and not in others do to where the tower is... I am saying all this in case you think something is wrong when it slows down other places. mine is and LG with TracFone as service. also sometime in my living room I have 3 or 4 bars and sometimes I have 1 or none

Marg said...

That sounds like a great deal and a good phone. Have fun with it.

Jeanette said...

Always exciting when you get such a good deal!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

I hear you about Verizon - they are expensive and that's who we have. Glad your new carrier worked out so well - enjoy the new phone and service.

Grace said...

Sounds like a very good choice. I'm not a Verizon fan for any of their products.

Sandee said...

I'm glad you like your new plan and it's far better. That's what matters most. Well that and it's way, way cheaper.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi Ann...dropping by to wish you a Happy New Year...Hehe Yes I know we are midway into Jan but I just got back to blogland and had to visit by blog friends!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Christine said...

Good switch! It seems to be working out really well!

Marie said...

sounds like a good switch to me! we have t-mobile and are very happy, we got in when unlimited plans were offered. :)

Reeni said...

I never heard of the new provider either! That's a great deal though.

BeadedTail said...

Sounds like a great deal for you! I rarely use even 25% of my 2 gigs a month but I do a lot of texting. Hope you get to buy lots more crafty supplies with your monthly savings! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails