Sunday, October 15, 2017

Thoughtful gesture

Over a week ago, my neighbor across the street came over and told me she was going to be going away and asked if I would keep an eye on her house. Nothing involved other than paying closer attention to anything odd that might be going on. She also said she was expecting a package and if I saw it could I pick it up until she got back.

She came home late Friday night and yesterday she stopped over with a little thank you gift. I told it really wasn't necessary since I didn't really do anything other look over at her house throughout the week. She insisted that having me, along with 2 other neighbors watching it helped put her mind at ease.

This was the sweet gift she gave me. Love how the bottle is decorated.


13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think I have this!! I got a set of three, each one a different scent and a bit of a different design. I love them and will keep them to refill. LOVE lavender!

Anonymous said...

That is lovely! My mother's favorite scent was lavender and it always reminds me of her. Hope you will have a very enjoyable day.

MadSnapper said...

this bottle is so pretty it is a keeper, when it is empty it cam be used as a vase or put hand soap or even Dawn in it. better than the plastic ones. it is so cheerful looking and I like it a lot

Sharkbytes said...

pretty bottle

Grace said...

That was a lovely gesture - and a lovely gift. Beautiful jar and I bet that soap smells heavenly.

Sandee said...

That's a very nice thing she did indeed. It's a beautiful container.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

How nice! Lavender is my favorite scent ... enjoy and have a great week ahead.

Hootin Anni said...

That was very sweet...the both of you.

bichonpawz said...

Honestly in this day and age...I think it is a good idea for neighbors to watch each other's houses. It seems to be happening more often now. What a sweet gift! I, too, love the design of that bottle.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

People can be so thoughtful. When we travel, we always have neighbors checking our home for us. We appreciate it so much --and we always share some fresh roses from our yard with the neighbors....

Love the little bottle --which you can keep and add other good smelly things in it....

Hugs,
Betsy

Reeni said...

Pretty!! What a sweet neighbor!!

Ida said...

How sweet. She sounds like a lovely lady.

Lin said...

That was nice! I guess you don't think much about helping others, but it is nice when they appreciate that you do. It was a thoughtful gift...not too much...just enough.

Related Posts with Thumbnails