Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Cake and tea

I was up early as usual yesterday morning but not quite as early as I am when the alarm wakes me up. I grabbed some coffee and headed for the computer. First it was emails and blog reading. Second on the list was to finish the two projects for the birthday gift I needed to deliver.

First I made her a cake. Not your typical cake though. This one was made with paper and Hershey nuggets. Let me just say, cute idea but pain in the butt. I can't find the exact tutorial I used but THIS ONE is basically the same.

Dark and gloomy around here so the pictures aren't the best. The tutorial I followed had 3 Hershey nugget layers but after doing 2 I opted for my third layer to be a battery operated tealight candle.


My second gift was a teabag holder.  The tutorial I followed for this project is HERE. I filled it with 6 Earl Grey teabags since that is her favorite tea

I wasn't completely satisfied with the way the teabag holder came out so I spent the rest of the morning working on a new design and putting parts of it into Cricut design space so that I can cut them all out with my machine. Come back tomorrow to see that one.

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are awesome! And the cake is a real work of art. I can't imagine cutting and wrapping all those nuggets.

MadSnapper said...

what a super duper idea for the cake, love it. and the teabag is adorable, can't imagine it being better. waiting with bated breath...😊

Grace said...

I had to look uo Hershey nuggets! So that is just ONE nugget in each ‘wrap”? Holy carp do you have patience and fine motor skills! The tea light candle is genius! These things are quite smal and intricate, I have no idea how you do this. Me, personally, I’m all thumbs.

Out on the prairie said...

fun cake, but i might eat it all in one sitting. LOL

Sandee said...

What a thoughtful gift. You're so talented.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lot of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

peggy said...

You have the utmost patience, and it paid off, love the tealight topper.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

The teabag holder is so cute, and I love the cake idea.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That cake is just too cute!!

Connie said...

Very sweet and cute gift . . . you are so thoughtful :) Always making things to give away to friends.

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...


Fabulous! You're so prolific! Have a great day, Ann. :)

Lin said...

Both are very cute! The candy cake looks like a lot of work to those of us who know what went into it. I hope it was appreciated!

Silver in AZ said...

I LOVE the silver (milk chocolate) Hershey Nuggets!

BeadedTail said...

Those are so cute! I bet the recipients loved your thoughtful gifts!

Pam said...

Those are so neat... Great job. And the nuggets, YUM.

Sharkbytes said...

The cake is cute. The teabag holders seem kinda... superfluous

Duni said...

These handmade gifts are so special! I love the tea bag holder :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails