Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The robin and the starlings

Monday as I was sitting at my computer I noticed a robin in my driveway. I grabbed the camera and snapped about a dozen pictures before I realized I didn't have the SD card in the camera. I grabbed the card and got it in the camera as quick as I could, and hoped the robin was still out there. It was but now a little farther away.

Snap, snap, snap. It isn't the greatest, but it's proof enough for me that spring really is on its way


The robin wasn't the least bit phased by all the starlings that flew in. He just merrily went about his business.

A single starling searching the ground, but there were  at least a dozen more close by

A just as exciting as seeing the birds was seeing grass again. I don't care if it is all trampled down at the moment. At least the snow is finally melting and I can see grass again

15 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

How nice to have unexpected guests.
Amalia
xo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Robins are so tame. People do not seem to scare them like they do other birds. It is snowing here now, and we may get 7 inches. Poor robins.

Duni said...

Great photos! I always forget to take my camera along. I saw some crocuses the other day :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring.....glad to see the grass and the robin!

crafty cat corner said...

I think robins are one of my favourite birds. We have a couple in the back gardens near us and their song is beautiful.
Briony
x

MadSnapper said...

yayyyy for grass showing and the sweet pudgy robin.. birds are a sign of spring springing and yesterday was the day it is supposed to spring... we got 1 inche of badly needed rain yesterday and everything will be green today...

Kate said...

Robins - a sure sign of spring - great photos! I'm envious especially since we're expecting a spring snowstorm.

Sandee said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Ann,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Happy Birthday, Ann!🎂

Linda d said...

Happy, happy Spring! and happy Robin too.

Buttercup said...

Great picture. I'm rarely quick enough to get nature shots as they are taking place.

Anonymous said...

Nice pix of those Spring fellows and THE GROUND too...nor'easter #4 is hitting us now...:(JP

Sharkbytes said...

All yup, except the starlings are building nests in my gutters. That has to go!

Pam said...

Yep...when it is wet they have some good hunting for worms...haha.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love watching nature in its beauty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails