Saturday, May 17, 2014

Froggy went a courtin'

While browsing the internet (I seem to do an awful lot of that) I found a quick and easy way to draw a frog. Not a lifelike frog but a cutesy little frog. I also had seen another tutorial for how to color with colored pencils.

Armed with my new found knowledge and my home made color mist I set out to create a masterpiece. I wish I would have taken a few more pictures as I was going along but I was having too much fun to think of that.

I got it this far and thought I was done

Then I kept going back and tweaking it a bit more. I shaded, I erased I added some more shadows and then I decided it was done

I started this by spraying the blue and green color mist on to a plain piece of paper for the background. The rest was done with colored pencils.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have drawn this frog with the girls!! But your background is fabulous!!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

GET out of town!!!!! This is so adorable...:)JP

Marg said...

That is the cutest frog ever. You did such a good job. Who ever thought that a frog would have that much personality and that one does. Have you named him/her?? Have a great week end.

Duni said...

That is the cutest frog! LOVE it!
I like the misting effect in your painting :)

Catherine said...

Hey - very cute!
But now I have that song stuck in my head...
xo Catherine

Arlynda Lea Beuterbaugh said...

Again, Jerry is a moron for giving you such hard time about being so crafty. Of course, your efforts with Froggy here lean more toward the artistic side of things, but Jerry is still a moron!

Sandee said...

It's an adorable little frog. You are so talented. I love him.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. My best to Duke. ♥♥♥

Out on the prairie said...

Uh huh, cute froggy

Sheryl Hastings said...

Love the froggie! He's adorable.

crafty cat corner said...

This would make a great greetings card for a frog lover, very cute.
Briony
x

BeadedTail said...

That turned out so cute! That style of art would make fabulous cards!

Unknown said...

The frog is really cute! It turned out very well

Jille said...

He is a cute little fellow! Have you tried kissing him? ;-)

Lin said...

LOVE him! I like his smiley face--they really DO have smiley faces, you know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails