Sunday, March 7, 2021
Friday, March 5, 2021
Thursday, March 4, 2021
So yesterday I said that the building with the decorated window was empty. Years ago there used to be a little store there. It closed shortly after I moved here and there was never anything else in there. It looks like there may be apartments above it but I'm not positive. I assumed that the building has been empty all this time but I found out that someone is actually living there.
Aside from that I have nothing to blog about today. I might have some pictures on my phone that I could use but it's nearly dead and charging. So for today I will just make this short and sweet.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
- Yesterday was my day off. I always enjoy those no matter what I do
- Yesterday it was cold, gloomy and there were a few stray snowflakes. I still enjoyed the day.
- Yesterday my post published late. Even though I scheduled it the night before and it said in my blogger app that it was published it didn't show up on the blog. I hope that doesn't happen again today.
- Yesterday I decided to go to Hobby Lobby. I didn't find much that I wanted to buy.
- Yesterday in the car, I turned on the radio and the first thing I heard was and R.E.M. song. The only words that mattered to me were "This one goes out to the one I love. This one goes out to the one I left behind" I took that as a message from Wade since I was listening to his favorite radio station.
Monday, March 1, 2021
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Ok so there's a lot that annoys me lately but this is one thing. While scrolling through Facebook I see the above item. 45 immature Home Décor Mistakes. Out of sheer boredom I clicked on it to see what they though were the mistakes.
Just who does the writer of this article think they are that they can tell someone their décor choices are immature. Decorating should be done to suit your own personal taste. Sometimes decorating has to be done on the cheap. If all you can afford is plastic drawers then so be it.
- They said chevron was so overdone that it's an unacceptable pattern
- Don't use the phrase "live, laugh, love" because it's been over used far too much
- Posters are a big no unless you are high school or college age. After that they just show how immature you are
- If you're over 20 plastic drawers should be donated or used in the garage because a house should be plastic free
- Apparently anything from Ikea should only be bought if you are furnishing and decorating a first apartment and can't afford anything else.
- Choosing too many colors was out too because you might cause yourself or your guests anxiety from all that color.
Saturday, February 27, 2021
Friday, February 26, 2021
Thursday, February 25, 2021
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Monday, February 22, 2021
Sunday, February 21, 2021
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Friday, February 19, 2021
Thursday, February 18, 2021
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Tuesday, February 16, 2021
A lot of people have asked me when I'm going to open an Etsy store. The answer is probably never. First of all I think that crafting for profit takes the fun out of it for me. It makes it more of a job. Second, there are just too many things to concern myself with to make sure I'm not breaking any laws.
That brings me to something that I'm finding very disgusting. The amount of people who sell things using copywrite material is just unbelievable. Why do so many people think that it's acceptable to sell an item using an image that belongs to someone else? Go to Etsy and search for Disney, Starbucks, or any other big name you can think of and you will find tons of items being sold. This is called copywrite infringement and it's not OK but it's being done all over the place. I see it on Etsy and I see it on Facebook.
When I was making cards or other items for craft shows, I would check to make sure that any images being used were not labeled as personal use only. Apparently that isn't necessary in todays world. Should any of these companies decide to crack down on the illegal use of their logos and images, a lot of people would be in big trouble.