Saturday, December 4, 2021

My day yesterday

 Sometimes I really hate being a reliable responsible person.

I started work yesterday at 6:00am as usual. Around 10:30 I went to lunch. Almost near the end of my lunch I hear them page me for the phone. I ignored it because, I'm on lunch. Someone came over and told me I had a call and I said I know but I'm on lunch. Then she said it was the boss on the phone. 

I take the call and he tells me that the night manager just sent him a text saying she couldn't come to work. He wanted me and the other two people who have keys to work something out to cover the shift for Friday night and Saturday night. I said I would leave, and come back to close but I didn't know how to do several things that have changed since I used to close. The day manager agreed to come back near closing to help me. So I left work at 11:15, returned at 3:00 and worked till closing at 9:00. 

It was way too long of a day. 

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are WAY too nice!!

MadSnapper said...

i feel your pain, i was always the nice one, that did whatever needed doing, and they used me because they knew i would not say no... there were others that never did an extra shift or came on on there day off and they were best friedns with the manager. go figure

crafty cat corner said...

Tom was one of those people who didn't like to offend anyone and it got him nowhere. He was put on so much because he was toooooo nice. Stand your ground Anne they will not sack you, you are too valuable.
Briony
x

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my. Long day indeed!!! That's ridiculous. Why,I wonder, why your BOSS doesn't close?!!!

Donna said...

Goes to show you're a valuable employee! But it's no fun having to work all those long hours...
hughugs
Donna

Rose said...

That is just too long of a day!

Sandee said...

This is happening more and more. Bugger.

I would tell you to have a great day off, but that's not going to happen. ♥

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Just plain crazy...

I was going to say where are the younger people but I guess they aren't as reliable.
I'm glad though you went straight home after lunch. But not pleased you needed to add another 6 hours to your day.

Take care

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm afraid you are being used. I'm still ticked that you had extra work fair week because one of the managers took vacation then. The system is sick. Don't let them run you into the ground. Take care of yourself. ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, you deserve a medal!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails