Saturday, July 31, 2021
Friday, July 30, 2021
Thursday, July 29, 2021
an adventure for Barb
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
through the screen
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Monday, July 26, 2021
1/2 of a 1/4
Sunday, July 25, 2021
not just for cutting
Saturday, July 24, 2021
Friday, July 23, 2021
around the yard
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Monday, July 19, 2021
Super fun beach day part 2
Sunday, July 18, 2021
Super fun beach day everybody
Saturday, July 17, 2021
make a wish
Friday, July 16, 2021
Grace asked a question the other day on my Christmas card post. Here is my answer in a video. You'll have the excuse my stumbling over words. This one was about the 10th try and finally said however it comes out is how it's posting.
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Christmas in July
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Things don't always go according to plan
Monday, July 12, 2021
The other day when I wrote about being cranky, Sandra left me a comment saying:
When you feel better right up why the day make you cranky we all want to know. Was that the customers was it the people you work with was it the manager did someone throw a ham at you did someone smash a pie in your face you know details please
Well today I'm here to give you details. I'll try to list them in order of how they happened.
- The deli people are horrible at washing dishes. For some reason they can't grasp the concept of washing in clean hot water. Every morning I grab a tray and it's coated in grease. Tell me how can a person put a tray away without feeling the grease all over it? Well naturally that was the first thing that set me off last Friday. You think I would be used to it by now but I'm not.
- The next thing was one of the managers telling me there were some dairy items that needed to be reduced. My response to him was if I get to it. Well excuse me but I have a whole list of bakery things to do, I'm second deli person and you want me to reduce some dairy items? Why can't you do it yourself or get your cashier whos standing at her register texting to do it.
- Third was the cashier who was standing there texting at her register. I did a double take as I walked by her and said "phone? really?" She gave me a look that pretty much said, yeah, and what are you going to do about it.
- 4th was the girl who works in the meat room. Our dress code is black or khaki pants, and black or white shirt. She walks by me wearing blue jeans with rips and holes up and down the legs and tie dye tee-shirt.
Sunday, July 11, 2021
Just a few random thoughts that are rattling around in my brain.
COOKING: I used to love to cook but the older I get the more I hate it. Because I pretty much learned to cook for a family of 4 it's hard for me to cook in smaller quantities. It was hard when I was trying to cook for Wade and I because I always made too much and he didn't like to eat leftovers. These days it just seems pointless to cook for just me. If I'm going to cook though I will eat the same thing for several days just because it's so much easier to reheat something in the microwave.
WORK: There are a few people at work who simply annoy the heck out of me. Back when I first started there were rules and policies that we had to follow. If you didn't follow them then you were written up. Now people just seem to do whatever they want and don't care. They get away with it because we are so short of people that they don't want anyone to quit. I get that but it doesn't make things easier for those of us who try and do a good job and follow the rules.
FAMILY: I really need to stop reading certain posts on Facebook. My son put together a softball tournament to benefit a woman who's husband recently passed away. My son was a friend and neighbor of the couple. Well on one of his posts regarding the tournament someone said something about how nice it was of him to do that. His response was "that's what you do for family". Call me crazy, but it hurt my feelings a bit, because I AM family and he doesn't even call or text me.
DAY OFF: Yesterday on my whiny post Ginny said that she hoped I had the day off Saturday and yes, I did. Anni asked if it was time to retire and yes, I do wish I could. I did in fact take it easy all day Saturday too.
Saturday, July 10, 2021
Just a quick post
Friday, July 9, 2021
This or that
I want to thank Martha from Seaside Simplicity for the great blog post idea. I copied the questions from her blog and here they are with my answers.
1. Morning or Night - I was always more of a night person until I started working in the bakery. Now that I've been both, I prefer mornings.
2. Coffee or Tea -For years I was a tea person. I loved the smell of coffee but hated the taste. One day at work we were out of cappuccino so I made coffee with hot cocoa mixed in and the rest is history. I don't drink it with cocoa any more but I drink way more coffee than I ever did tea.
3. Text or Call - I prefer to text. Since my hearing has gotten bad I have trouble hearing on the phone so texting is way easier.
4. Small town or Big city -I'm a small town girl all the way.
5. Beer or Wine - I very rarely drink but if I had my choice I would have wine. I don't like the taste or the smell of beer.
6. Messy or Tidy -I can be a little of both. My house is actually pretty tidy but if I'm crafting I make a huge mess and my craft room frequently needs cleaned.
7. Introvert or Extrovert - Introvert unless I'm with someone I know well
8. Cats or Dogs - Both. I prefer animals of any kind
9. English or Math - I would have to say neither
10. Sweet or Savory -I like both but probably go for the sweet more often than the savory
11. Beach or Mountains - This one is too close to call. I could be happy with either one
12. Predictability or Excitement - I'm a very boring person and quite predictable.
13. Time machine or Magic wand - A magic wand for sure and if I ever wanted to time travel all I would have to do is wave my wand.