Monday, July 12, 2021

Details

 The other day when I wrote about being cranky, Sandra left me a comment saying:

When you feel better right up why the day make you cranky we all want to know. Was that the customers was it the people you work with was it the manager did someone throw a ham at you did someone smash a pie in your face you know details please

Well today I'm here to give you details. I'll try to list them in order of how they happened.

  • The deli people are horrible at washing dishes. For some reason they can't grasp the concept of washing in clean hot water. Every morning I grab a tray and it's coated in grease. Tell me how can a person put a tray away without feeling the grease all over it? Well naturally that was the first thing that set me off last Friday. You think I would be used to it by now but I'm not.
  • The next thing was one of the managers telling me there were some dairy  items that needed to be reduced. My response to him was if I get to it. Well excuse me but I have a whole list of bakery things to do, I'm second deli person and you want me to reduce some dairy items? Why can't you do it yourself or get your cashier whos standing at her register texting to do it.
  • Third was the cashier who was standing there texting at her register. I did a double take as I walked by her and said "phone? really?" She gave me a look that pretty much said, yeah, and what are you going to do about it.
  • 4th was the girl who works in the meat room. Our dress code is black or khaki pants, and black or white shirt. She walks by me wearing blue jeans with rips and holes up and down the legs and tie dye tee-shirt. 
So there you have it. Nothing serious, just a whole lot of little things that irritated and annoyed me and made me very cranky. No hams or pies were involved.  To add to the part about reducing dairy items, yesterday the boss comes in and he tells me there are some more dairy items to reduce and to make a point of checking that area every morning. Well care to hear my response to him? I said "When and why did reducing dairy become my job? That sounds like a job for (insert cashier name) or I suppose that would cut into her texting time. Everyone seems to think I just stand around back here doing nothing and have all kinds of free time on my hands" He looked at me and said you're a bit snarky today, fine I'll get someone else to do it. 

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad you stuck up for yourself, and it paid off!! Sad to say, I guess if you are nice and let people push you aorund, they will. Do you end up having to wash those trays?

Hootin Anni said...

When you are a GOOD employee, the bosses take advantage of you. I know... experience. You did right, in my opinion.

The Feminine Energy said...

*haha* PERFECT freakin' response to your boss about the dairy, Ann! A bit snarky today?!! *bahahahaha* You told him, girl!! GOOD. FOR. YOU. And those greasy trays! *omg* You know what? I picked up a bowl from the other house (where my husband resides) and when I did, it was NOT clean. When I saw him, I told him about it... and he called me a liar to my face. So I get your frustrations, honey, I really do. God help us both. ~Andrea xoxoxo PS~ If I get down today, I'm going to picture a ham flying through the air in the bakery department of your store!!!!!!! **instant laughter** :-D :-D :-D

Kate said...

All I can say is thank goodness I'm retired - no wonder you get cranky having to put up with BS like this!!!!!!

MadSnapper said...

Wild clapping on the come back to the manager! You and I are hard workers and we're the ones that always have to do all the work because the rest of them do nothing while we push ourselves to keep up with the work that we get put on us because we're good at what we do. No wonder you were cranky and I think maybe a pie in the face would have been better than your day haha. Thanks for sharing the details now I can fully understand why and how you felt are hugs coming your way for having to work with that cashier

Martha said...

Well I am glad no hams or pies were involved, but the things you mentioned sure do sound annoying. I'm glad you let the boss know how you feel!

CrystalChick said...

Good response! Shame it had to come to that. A great manager would be noticing who's doing what, and who isn't. Maybe now he will.

Sandee said...

That would do it for me too. Some folks come to work to work and others just come for the paycheck and do very little work. I so remember.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Love and hugs to you both. ♥♥♥

CheerfulMonk said...

Good for you for sticking up for yourself. Years ago either Dear Abby or Ann Landers wrote, “If you act like a doormat don’t complain when people walk all over you.” I had needed to hear that. I like a phrase from Dr. Spock even better, “cheerfully firm.” It’s a powerful way of saying no. People can’t dismiss the no by thinking I’m just having a bad day.

NanaDiana said...

Personally, I love a bit of 'snarky'. lol. Glad you told him and maybe he will check on that cashier now---or maybe not. lol
At least he found someone else to do dairy. Have a great evening-xo Diana

Debby@Just Breathe said...

OMG! I would have been so angry about each of those situations.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

Not good what made you "cranky" but awesome how you handled the "manager"

It must be the planets but I had "words" with the Customer Care Service where I buy my food stuffs online from - about when you believe that the "input food stuffs" will match up with their search engine! And it didn't .... I phone because I wanted the person to pull up the online shopping portal and put the search the "three words I used" and scroll down about half way and that "product" is so wrong! I'd felt confident enough to not waste time pulling up the ingredients list...

Pam said...

well. we do tend to get SNARKY when it seems like we are being asked to carry the weight of others that tend to get away with not doing what they should due to being on the phone. Or getting away with not looking professional when you know that if you came in that way someone would say something. I have found the best thing for me on most days is to stay in away from others....I tend to let little crap like this eat at me. Esp with the way things are going these days when help can't be found to do the jobs. People wanting to park it at home and get paid to do that and nothing else, while others are out pulling the their weight and others.

Related Posts with Thumbnails