Saturday, December 18, 2021

The village

 The Christmas village is once again all set up on top of my fake fireplace. It's getting a bit crowded and I think next year I'm going to have to either find a new way to display it or stop expanding.


New additions for this year are the village toy shop


The coffee truck


The Merry Christmas sign



And the firewood stack


I had seen a couple new buildings that I would have liked to have bought but knew I didn't have the room to add them here. 

I've also noticed that I don't light this up as much as I have in the past. Now that the basement is put back together I hang out there more than I do in the living room. Maybe next year I'll need to set the village up in the cave.

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is a completely adorable village! I hope Presely gets to see it, she will fall in love with it. My favorite is the Coffee Truck, I have NEVER seen one before.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love it and think it's neat that you keep adding to it. Putting it down in the cave sounds like a great idea.

MadSnapper said...

i can see why you had to buy the new peices, they are so cute.. love the sign best of all..idea for next year, keep your eye out for a bookcase you like, then you can set it up like a doll house, a 3 story or 4 story... the basement would be perfect so you can see it while you read or watch TV...collasble shelfing unit to be put away?

Hootin Anni said...

Ya, with expanding it, a larger area would make it all the more fun as you'd want to light it up!!
This is so awesome Ann.

Rose said...

Oh. I do love it. I wish I had room to set up one.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's beautiful! I didn't get my little village out this year but I love the lights that make a room look cheerful!

The Feminine Energy said...

I have always-and-forever-amen LOVED these Christmas villages and yours is stunning, Ann! Yes, do set it up in your "woman cave" next year. You deserve to get enjoyment out of it. It's wonderful!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhh I love a Village!

Years ago, we had a very simple little one... Not real looking like this. And that went... -sigh-

Never got a real one.

-sigh-

Maybe in after Christmas sales!!!!! -smile-

πŸŽ„πŸŒŸπŸ”₯πŸŽ„πŸ”₯πŸŒŸπŸŽ„

Jeanette said...

That is beautiful! I have my mom's village that she made in ceramics class but I haven't put it out since we moved. No fireplace mantle and I don't really have anywhere else to put it.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I LOVE IT!

Connie said...

Your village is beautiful and I like how you raised it up in the back. If you're spending more time down stairs then I like that would be the perfect spot for it. Maybe for your fireplace, too :)

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

awesome

maybe set up parts in different parts of the house, so you see them bit by bit over the season...

Related Posts with Thumbnails