Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas with the kids

Our celebration was on Christmas Eve. My daughter and her husband came over and my son and Presley came over. Presley's mom was a no-show for the second year in a row. Amanda and I are both big Pioneer Woman fans, so there's always Pioneer Woman gifts. Last year she got me a mini Crock-Pot this year she got me a big one. She also got me the plastic containers and she said Rob picked out the icing spatulas
I got a good laugh out of this next one when I opened it. I bought her the exact same Pioneer Woman throw.
 The other gifts she gave me were a sweater and some liquid hand soap
My son apparently was in charge of my gift because it was cash stuffed into a card.

To answer Ginny's question from the other day, she asked if I sell the mice that was in one of the pictures I posted on Christmas day. Honestly, I don't sell anything any more. I'm lucky if I can even get myself to make anything. I've pretty much lost my mojo. I do enjoy gifting things when I do make them though. If I can ever get myself to make more of them I'll let you know.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for the answer! Wow, you got such nice gifts. I love the color of the sweater. And I love and have a lot of The Pioneer Woman things. I have the T.V. set to tape all of her shows. She has put out a line of clothes at Wal-Mart now. Just like the kind she wears. They are on their website, but I have not seen them in the store yet. The crock pots are so pretty!

Rose said...

You made out like a bandit! So glad you got things you liked.

MadSnapper said...

that sweater is beautiful. I love all the pioneer stuff that has aqua in it. I don't own any because I don't buy anything that involves kitchen stuff. but if i did i would. too funny on the cash and throw. one year mother and my SIL gave each other the same thing, in fact 3 each. they both bought the same 3 items for the other. I agree with Rose, you made out like a bandit, sorry about the missing person no show

a spirit of simplicity said...

That is a very pretty throw. One year my mum and I both gifted each other a gift certificate to the same boutique in our little town. It was even for the same amount!

Donna said...

Love Pioneer Woman things as well! I bought her mugs...love them!
Beautiful sweater!! Love the color...
Happy New Year sweet friend!
hughugs
Donna

Sandee said...

How fun and I love watching her show too. I'd weight tons if I ate her food though. I didn't know she has so many things to buy though. Way cool.

I'm glad you had a great Christmas, Ann. We went grocery shopping yesterday and there were do crowds anymore. It was nice.

Have a fabulous day and week, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

CrystalChick said...

Very nice gifts. Pretty throw! And a bit of cash is always good. ;)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhhhh the color of that sweater!!!! I lovvvvvve it!!!!!

And the others were lovely too.

I don't know Pioneer Woman items but my, those flower patterns are soooo pretty!

Hugs and Love,
🌲 ⛄ 🌲 ⛄ 🌲

The Feminine Energy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, Ann!! And Presley came over too, with your son. How absolutely grand!! Hey, "cash stuffed into a card" means you can pick out whatever gift you want, from your son. Sometimes that's the best gift of all (aka: think craft store!!! *lol*). ~Andrea xoxoxo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your gifts look lovely. I so am glad that your son brought Presley over. (Presley's mom needs to grow up) You take care and Happy New Year!

Linda said...

Your family knows you well! I'm loving seeing all my friends and their Christmas pictures! That's a beautiful sweater! I love that phrase 'making out like a bandit!!'

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you could get together as a family. It's fun to exchange presents when you know what the other person likes, but otherwise cash or Amazon cards are a lot better than buying and getting things that the receiver doesn't like. I'm glad you had a chance to see Presley again.

I hope the rest of the week is easy for you. ❤️

Jeanette said...

Looks like you had a nice Christmas and got some nice gifts. That sweater is really cute and looks comfy! I bought my daughter and my son's girlfriend Pioneer Woman stuff last Christmas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails