Friday, May 16, 2014

Homemade crafty supplies

I have read about color mist and glimmer mist used in scrapbooking and other paper crafts and have wanted to try it but I'm cheap and it's expensive in my opinion. That's the wonderful thing about the internet. Not only can you find all kinds of interesting things you can find ways to make supplies at home much cheaper than you would buy them for in the store. Needless to say, I found a way to make my own color mist with acrylic paints. I should have figured it out myself that it's really just watered down paint.
I don't recall where I found the directions but they said to purchase these little mini sprayers by Tim Holtz. Well cheapo me couldn't do that because I wasn't going to pay $5 for 3 dinky little spray bottles. I did however find larger, yet still mini size, spray bottles at Wal-mart for .97 cents each.

So far I have 2 bottles of home made color mist. I'll show what I tried it out on tomorrow

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it has come out in perfect color!

bichonpawz said...

Very pretty colors!! I usually use the Heidi Swapp color mists...they really look well!

I look forward to tomorrow to see what you made!!

Duni said...

I've never tried that before, but I bet the effect will look great! Can't wait to see :)

Sharkbytes said...

Way to go!

Out on the prairie said...

Cheap can make the difference

Sandee said...

You are very thrifty and that's a good thing. I too can't wait to see what you did.

Have a fabulous day. My best to Duke. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

I'll have to go look up 'color mist' and it's uses and, as always, your ingenuity amazes me.

Grace said...

Okay - I looked it up but the only thing I could find for color mist is that it is used to decorate cakes - it's food coloring in a spray bottle! Glimmer mist I found on scrapbooking sites...Now I'm confused!

Molly Smith said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with these :) Tim Holtz spray bottles are so tiny, I think you made a thrifty/wise choice!

BeadedTail said...

I've never heard of this so can't wait to see what you're up to!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You're teasing me! I can't wait to see!!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

What a neat idea... I cannot wait to see what they can do,...:)JP

Willow said...

I love finding the bargains ~ and figuring out how to make the special editions lol

Arlynda Lea Beuterbaugh said...

Jerry is a moron for giving you such a hard time about being so crafty!

Sheryl Hastings said...

This is brilliant! I'm going to steal this idea next time I do a little painting for fun! I still have that bucket full of beach rocks waiting for some paint!

Unknown said...

That is pretty neat and handy. Great colours

Related Posts with Thumbnails