Friday, May 26, 2017

Green stuff

One of the customers that comes in the store where I work was telling me about some tomato plants that he was growing. He said they supposedly grow 6 lb tomatoes. He brought me one the other day. Now if I can keep it alive we'll see how big the tomatoes actually get



Mildred and I had an email conversation about a plant called Lambs Ear It has soft velvety leaves that I guess are supposed to be like a lamb's ear. I told her I would take a picture of mine. Pay no attention to the grass and weeds growing in with it. I obviously need to do some yard work

Here's a closer look. Don't you just want to reach out and pet those leaves?

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

There is lots of Lamb's Ear around here now. The feel of it is just the softest! Keep us posted on the tomato plant! You would have to slice an entire baguette horizontally to hold all the slices!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! Best wishes with the tomato plant. Thanks for sharing your Lamb's Ear plant. We do not have any growing in our current yard and I sure would love to reach into the computer screen and feel the fuzzy leaves! One year we bought "Big Ears" - the same plant with really large "ears!" Wishing you a nice weekend.

Duni said...

I love tomato plants! Hope yours grows well and you get to harvest yummy tomatoes :)

MadSnapper said...

I have never seen of heard of the lambs ear and yes, they look soft enough to pet, I have seen tomato plants but I don't think I have seen a 6 pound tomato, daddy's big ones were maybe 2 pounds.

Sandee said...

Hubby and I don't garden much. Okay, I don't garden at all. I'm not that kind of a gal. We just don't eat enough to make it worthwhile. I am always amazed at the folks with the green thumbs though.

I'll wait to see the big tomato.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Such a nice customer! And contrary me - I think those leaves look kinda creepy.

Hootin Anni said...

Good luck with the tomato plant. If I were you, I get out of the bakery dept. and take a large photo of one of the produce tomatoes ... just in case you have a brown thumb when it comes to gardening.

As for the lambs ear...never heard its name before. I've seen the plant but didn't know what it was called. I learned something.

Marg said...

That lamb's ear plant looks terrific. What fun. Hope your tomato plant does well. Nothing better than a tomato grown at home.

Connie said...

6 lb tomato . . . that would make one big BLT, LOL. I hope they grow well for you, I would love to see them :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails