Tuesday, August 8, 2017

About the weekend

Today I have a little more time to tell you about the weekend. I didn't take a ton of pictures but after I got all my stuff out of the vehicle and put away yesterday I sat down and got them off the big camera.

Like I said it was a great day. Saturday was the best day as always. Sunday's aren't very good for sales but I did better this year on Sunday than I did last year.

Remember all those plaques I made for last years show? I had them at $5 last year and I only sold a few. This year I had them priced at $3 and they sold like hot cakes. Another item that I didn't sell any of last year was the little post it note clipboards. They were $2 last year and $1 this year. These also sold well. Last year I also made some containers out of the small pringles cans. The outside was covered with clothespins that had been taken apart and they resembled a barrel. Didn't sell a single one at $5 last year but they sold at at $3 this year.

Look at all those shoppers

Debbie in the red jacket manning the booth while I'm out playing with the camera.

This was a tent set up near us. Those horses are all hand carved. I don't know how much they were asking for them but they were awesome. I didn't care for the hobby horses as much but the carousel horses were amazing. They didn't come back for the second day


As usual there were lots of canine shoppers. This one in particular I thought was so cute in his stroller. There were lots of dogs in strollers too.


But wait, the one above gets even cuter because there were two of them in there

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful shots of your awesome day!! The weather looks real good too. The horses are beautiful, and why were so many dogs in strollers? That is weird. I am so glad you sold out of so many items!!!

bichonpawz said...

Congratulations on selling many of your crafts! That's awesome! You probably saw a lot of dogs in strollers because it is easier than having them walk...especially if they are old and you end up carrying them. Chloe has a stroller and she feels very comfortable in there...we use it when we go to the vets or when there are a zillion people around and she just wants to be in her safe place...that is her stroller!

Andrea said...

All that sunshine! I'm so glad your sales went well and that the weather cooperated too. I can't wait to look around more on your blog. Your posts look like they're going to be right up my alley. :) Blessings~ Andrea

Out on the prairie said...

That last pic is adorable.I want to push that stroller.Still smiling after my first giggle of the day.

MadSnapper said...

HAPPY HAPPY for your sales. people do love a bargain. I am thinking the dogs in strollers keep them from getting into things and getting in the way in tents. I often wondered why and seeing this I think that is the reason. what a surprise the little guy with the big guy in the stroller

Grace said...

I vaguely remember the plaques so I tried to look for them in your archives, couldn't find them but I did get to enjoy and admire your quilling work. I do so like those quilling projects. I also always liked the post-it note clipboards, don't know why they never sold before, I certainly would have picked up one or two - they would make awesome fridge magnets! (I found some on Etsy priced at $4 each and they aren't magnetic.) As for pet strollers, I bought one, BB doesn't mind it but going out, even in an enclosed stroller stresses Miss Frankie out. ANd yes, yes, yes - the carousel horses are fabulous - I always wanted one, complete with the pole, to put in my living room.

BeadedTail said...

Congrats on your sales! I hope the snowman sold - he was cute! Gibbs needs a stroller so he can go to craft shows with you. :)

Sandee said...

I'm so happy you had a great show. That rocks. I love all the pictures too. I hope you're rested up after all that work.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Lin said...

I think people don't hesitate to spend when it is just a single here or there..but those 5's and 10's...they don't want to let go.

Sounds like you did well though.

Did anyone buy those horses? I can't imagine there is a market for them...but what do I know?

Donna said...

I think people are shopping for handmade things more so than fancy items for Christmas these days...Glad you had a super blowout!
Love the furrbabies!
hughugs

Reeni said...

What a big crowd! That's great that you sold so much stuff! Those dogs are the cutest - I have a stroller for Moon too - its much easier to take him to the vet and stuff.

Pam said...

When my mom was growing up dogs stayed outside. When I was growing up dogs were becoming the love family pet that lived in doors....but I love it these days when a dog is treated like a much loved family member and they get to go places with their owner! Glad you did well this yr on the booth.

Dr Sonia S V said...

So interesting to read about your sales and how you managed to sell by tweaking the price! ANd yes the horses look amazing!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Rick (Ratty) said...

I'm glad the price change helped you sell better. Sometimes it's little things that can show a big difference.

Duni said...

Glad your show went well and it was a nice, sunny day too! Those two dogs in the stroller are too cute :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad that is all worked out so well for you. Love the pups in the stroller!

Related Posts with Thumbnails