Thursday, August 24, 2017

How easy we forget.

Monday I wrote and scheduled the post that you read yesterday. Had I not done that, there wouldn't have been one yesterday.

Tuesday we had lots of rain and at work the lights flickered on and off a couple times. When I got home we had no power. It wasn't long after that it came back on and it was business as usual. Or so I thought. I went to the living room and turned on the tv. I got some weird message on the screen. Same thing on the other tvs. No problem I'll get my tablet and catch up on email and blog reading. I sent 3 emails and then started getting messages that delivery failed. On further inspection there was no internet. I called Spectrum and found out there was a problem in the area and they were working on it.

Now the problem is what to do. I had already finished reading a book and my kindle was on the charger. I had my phone and could get online with that but don't use it for anything other than facebook. I checked that out, then went and played some solitaire then made another altered filed folder folio

Front


Inside

It's so easy to forget what it was like before cable tv and internet came along. How did I manage to entertain myself so much or was I always bored?

If you were without tv and internet what would you do to keep yourself busy?

8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

A patriotic one! And all due to the internet failure. Very cool.

Out on the prairie said...

Yikes, I have a need for this computer. I don't have cable, not much of a TV fan. I have backup books just in case. I took a walk at 9 last night just because it was so nice

Grace said...

That is a rather nice cover...We often choose to disconnect of an evening and play Scrabble...

BeadedTail said...

That folio cover turned out really nice! If I was forced to disconnect I'd probably nap or read. I suppose I could go for a walk but of course that depends on the time of day since I don't go when it's hot (above 75) so I guess that means I'd nap or read. Most likely read a few pages and nap. Hahahaha!

UplayOnline said...

We often choose to disconnect of an evening and play Scrabble...


หีฟิต

MadSnapper said...

I read when this happens, always have at least 30 books on my kindle e reader. the problem is without bob's TV to pacify him, I can't read because he has nothing to do either... this post is not a bomb, I like it

Pam said...

Didn't you have an issue with the computer the other day, now tv? What technical Goddess did you tick off? I used to be the type that could be in the house all day and never turn the tv on....that was before Fibro took over and I got lazy! I love my tv but I could get so much more done without it.

Natashalh said...

Read!!

We're weird and don't have cable (or Netflix, etc) and spent a month this summer "glamping" virtually without power. I missed the internet for a while, but my husband and I really enjoyed coloring, reading, and playing board games by lantern light.

Related Posts with Thumbnails