Friday, August 11, 2017

Not your typical blonde

The pictures today have absolutely nothing to do with the story I'm going to tell but I didn't want to hit you with a wall of words.

I'm going to tell you about a girl at work. She started as a cashier when she was in high school. She'll be starting her second year of college this year and only works during the summer or when she's home on break. To describe her best I would say she is spunky, witty and full of fun. This summer she was moved back in to the deli and it's been a pleasure to work with her.

(insert random picture)


Not only is she friendly and funny but she is an amazing worker with such a good attitude. That's very rare these days. I gave her the suggestion the other day that she should give up her schooling to become an art therapist and just make our deli her lifetime career. She didn't care for that idea. Imagine.

(insert another random picture but this time it's Gibbs so it's awesome random)


To wrap this up, whenever this girl comes in and you say hi how are you, her response is "Livin' the dream" I totally cracked up the first time she said it and I love it. Her last day with us is next Wednesday and I want to try and make her a plaque with that saying on it.  If I get busy this weekend I shoudl be able to finish it.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What an awesome thing to do for her!! You will have to show us when you finish it. Gibbs looks all beautiful and groomed, love his bandanna! Is that a Japanese Beetle I see there?

crafty cat corner said...

Some young people have the knack of making you feel great. Our Grandson in London is like this, he doesn't seem to have a care in the world and always makes us laugh.
Gibbs as usual looks wonderful, love his little neck scarf.
We hope to be baby sitting a little dog soon as my daughter is getting a dog in a few months time and we will be looking after it for a few hours each day. Can't wait...,
Briony
x

MadSnapper said...

I am so happy to see a happy story and to find out that there are still nice people working with you and nice people in this world and the plaque is a great idea can't wait to see it

Andrea said...

I like this girl and haven't even met her. *lol* "Livin the dream". Indeed!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nothing makes work better than having someone with a positive outlook! Tell her to continue to spreading the sunshine...:)JP

Donna said...

I wish we all had wonderful people to work with! Most of mine are sour pusses!😘
Hughugs

Out on the prairie said...

I need to use that phrase. I sometimes say a little on the wild side, or somewhat crazy. LOL

Grace said...

Oh do! Make her that plaque - she deserves it! (Great Gibbs photo...)

Duni said...

I wish I'd had a great colleague like that back in the day!
The plaque is a lovely idea :)

Sandee said...

She's going to go far and we both know that. I love her attitude. I love can do attitudes.

Love the photograph of Gibbs.

Have a fabulous day and I know you'll enjoy your day off tomorrow. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

BeadedTail said...

That'd be so wonderful to make her a plaque! I hope she keeps that attitude forever. The world needs more people like her!

Rick (Ratty) said...

It always feels good to do nice things for good people. Too bad everyone can't be more like her.

CrystalChick said...

Aw, Gibbs! Cutie!!!
It's very nice of you to want to make a plaque and I'm sure she'l love it!

Pam said...

GIBBS you are looking great and very stylish!

Reeni said...

Gibbs is looking mighty dapper! He looks so big here too. I might have to steal that saying for next time I go to the Dr. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails