Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Spool o flowers

I've made one of these before but this one is a little different. The other one I did was back in May. I made it for a birthday present for one of the girls at work. You can see that one here.

The flowers are made the same but instead of fabric leaves I used leaves off of some silk flowers I had in my stash. I'm not quite sure I like them. They may be a little too big but I haven't decided yet.

The other difference is the wood spool. The first one I covered it with paper, This one I used fabric that was the same as one of the flowers and some jute twine.


My crafting has taken a nose dive this year. I think I've put more energy in to editing photos this year than I have with crafting. Either way I suppose I'm being creative. With that being said I did an edit to the above picture.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's beautiful! I like the first picture the best, because it is prettier unedited, just the way you made it.

MadSnapper said...

using your creative abilities is good brain exercise whether creating the flowers or playing with the photos. I looked at the other one on the link and I like this one best I think.. I add I think because it was hard to decide. I don't think the leaves are to big... to decide between them would be what the persons own taste is. I like what you did to the spool on this one

Out on the prairie said...

I like the leaves, they offer a realistic feel

Sandee said...

I like this one better than the other one. The leaves are much prettier and I love all the color.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Connie said...

Hi Ann, I like them both, you're so creative :)

Grace said...

I must admit I like this one more than the other, and I almost must admit I LOVE the edit...

bichonpawz said...

You do beautiful work Ann...whether it is crafting or editing photos! Good for the brain!!

Pam said...

I understand the crafting taking a nose dive! Mine really has for the last few yrs. I hate it but at this point, I have decided to weed a lot of supplies out.

BeadedTail said...

My crafting as done crashed! I'm trying to stay crafty but it's difficult. I do like your flowers. Those are super cute!

Reeni said...

I like them! They're cute!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Very cute, I would buy one of them if I were at a craft fair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails