Friday, October 20, 2017

Easy peasy pumpkin

Today I have a really quick craft that anyone can do.

All you need is a small jar candle (some shade of orange) You can find these at Walmart for $1. Some black paint and a ribbon or scrap of fabric

All you do is paint a simple jack o lanter face on the side of the jar, tie a ribbon or scrap fabric around the top and you're done.


I used puffy paint and just drew the face on by squeezing the paint right from the bottle. You could also use other kinds of paint and brush it on. These aren't the best looking faces but they'll do. I feel bad for the one on the left, his eyes don't even appear to match.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Adorable! And puffy paint won't run or drip like regular, either! Now I'm wondering about other designs, there are lots of possibilities! But pumpkins would be the easiest.

Out on the prairie said...

Very nice especially when it has your personal touch

MadSnapper said...

I think the one on the left is cute, like he is winking at us... easy peasy is right....

Grace said...

Cute but no, not anyone could this, I certainly could’t !

Sharkbytes said...

no one has eyes that match exactly

Lin said...

Oh, I have to post a photo of a project I did..and I thought of you. You inspire me to be creative again!

Silver in AZ said...

Very cute!!!

Sandee said...

Oh so cute. You're so talented.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooooh sooo cute!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Easy Peasy for you maybe --but for someone like me, I think I'll pass on trying to use that paint.. Not sure what I'd get.... ha ha ----BUT--I love yours... Adorable.

Hugs,
Betsy

Pam said...

Too CUTE! Loving that Halloween is right around the corner!

Duni said...

These are fun! We don't actually "celebrate" Halloween over here, but I'm enjoying seeing all the crafts online :)

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is a neat little trick. I wouldn't have thought to do it, but I would like to.

Hootin Anni said...

I will call the one on the left H. Weinstein!! He's getting ready to make a proposal by winking at us. Sorry, I know the subject of him isn't a good one, but with his name in the news for weeks...I thought of it right away.

Great idea Ann

Christine said...

These are so cute! I'm going to have to do some too!

Ida said...

Very cute.

Reeni said...

So cute! Thanks for telling us how to make them! I think even I can manage. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails