Sunday, October 24, 2021

Dress shopping

Yesterday morning was dark, rainy and gloomy and all I wanted to do was curl up under a blanket. Instead I forced myself to get dressed and get out the door nice and early to go dress shopping. I only have about a month left before Amanda's wedding so I needed to find something.

First I went to Kohls and would you believe I didn't see one dress in the whole store. I may not have been looking in the right spot but there was nothing. Next stop, Target. Same thing. Well almost, I did see a few but they were so totally wrong.
 
My next stop was the Millcreek Mall. There I would be able to check Boscovs, Macys and JC Penney.

Luckily I found several to try on at my first stop which was Boscovs. I tried on 5 or 6 and the one I liked the most was of course the most expensive of them all. I took a picture in the dressing room to send to Amanda but I'm not about to share that one here. Maybe I'll take another one of the dress and of course the day of the wedding I'll get a picture. Now to find shoes.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so glad you finally found one! I cannot wait to see it!

Rose said...

I hope you have good luck with the shoes...I amnwith Ginny on anxious to.see the dress.

MadSnapper said...

bring on the dress, you know Ginny, Rose and ME are dying to know what color, what length, what material and style. you can draw a sketch. ha ha, I am laughing because just 1/2 hour ago I said to bob, walmart is going down the tubes and it has occured to me, i have not one dress or dress pants if i needed to go to a wedding or funeral or church. all i own is leggins jeans and tshirts. then I said there are no stores to go look for any.. the mall is 17 miles, 40 minutes of traffic...

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What a relief, to find THE dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course, it is the most expensive. What else would you expect? -gigggggles- But it is worth it, because you want to look nice and know it!!!!!

Good luck with the shoes.

Please, look for comfort too! Not just for 'the look.' Comfort will repay you, during a long day on your feet. So yes, look for pretty ones, but make _comfort_ the first priority.

🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁

Jeanette said...

I got my dress for my daughters wedding at JCPenny They had a huge selection and I tried on about 10 of them before I decided on the one I bought. I loved it and still do to this day! One of these days I'll have it cut down to a shorter dress to wear to a wedding or something!

The Feminine Energy said...

I'm glad you found a dress, Ann. I know you will look deeeee-vine on the wedding day!!! I know shoes are really hard. There's no guarantee how they will feel after being on all day. Here's a link to the shoes I bought for that wedding we attended a couple weeks ago. They're available in different colors. These shoes have a low heel and yet they're very pretty... and they were one of the most comfortable pair of dress shoes I've had in awhile:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X5JVWR1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~Andrea xoxoxo

Anni said...

Oh cool! I love fashion shows!! Hope you find the perfect pair of shoes.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Oh Ann, I remember when I went through that. I hate shopping for something for a specific event...especially a wedding...but don't orry, if you got the dress, you'll find shoes!...jp

CheerfulMonk said...

What a relief! I haven’t worn a dress in years.

CrystalChick said...

I like Boscovs. Just bought a few things there.
Still plenty of time to find shoes. I'm sure you'll look lovely at the wedding.
~Mary

DeniseinVA said...

I find it a bit nerve racking buying clothes for such a special occasion. Glad you found something. I saw your latest post and I think it is a wonderful dress.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

My mother used to get clothes on appro for me - she would bring what she thought I might like home, 5 or so. I'd try them on and ALWAYS chose the MOST EXPENSIVE!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well I'm happy to hear that you pushed yourself out of the house and found a dress!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails