Friday, October 22, 2021

Q&A

 Lets end the week with a few questions or comments that were made throughout the past week.

Monday there were some questions regarding my daughter getting married. I guess I never mentioned it but yes, she's getting married the day after Thanksgiving. Just a small gathering of family.

Wednesday a few of you commented on talking to other players while playing games. The nice thing about the gin rummy that I play is that while you can talk to your opponent, you can only choose from a list of words and phrases what you want to say. That way like Ginny mentioned, you don't get people hitting on you when you are trying to play a game. I normally choose to just ignore the other person if they try and chat with me.

Andrea mentioned that sometimes she wonders if the people she's playing against are sometimes automated instead of real people. I've often wondered the same thing. It's possible that if they can't find a live player they just put you up against the computer.

Yesterday I talked about my new schedule and having to close a couple nights a week.

Ginny asked if I refused would they have fired me. Honestly, no, I do believe so. He has very few "good" employees and he told me recently that me and the deli manager are about the only two in the store he can count on.

Sandra asked what time does the store close. We are open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. so yes, closing would definitely mess with my sleep. I'm normally in bed sometime between 8:30 and 9:00.

Sandra also asked and Rose wondered too if I would go in late on the days I closed and if the days would change. Yes, I would go in late it would likely be a 1:00 to 9:00 shift and once the days were set it wouldn't change unless someone needed a day off.

Beside the Babbling brook asked if I really had to do this or if I was just being nice. I did tell the boss that I didn't want to do it but I would and that I wanted it to be temporary which he said it would be.

Well he handed me a schedule the other day and I wan not happy about it at all. This was just for next week while I did a couple nights with the manager who's retiring. I've closed before but things have changed so I need a refresher. 2 nights would have been enough. Any way I complained about how he had it and asked if I could edit it which he said he figured I would. I gave him my suggestions and he didn't say much. Wednesday I asked him if I was supposed to post the schedule the way it was and he said no. Yesterday he brought me a new schedule with my hours back to normal. Apparently he worked something out and now I won't have to do the nights. YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good news for sure! Will you be showing us wedding pictures? Will she be having any covid rules?

Hootin Anni said...

You say "he told me recently that me and the deli manager are about the only two in the store he can count on."...at least you KNOW you are a valued employee!!!

Rose said...

Yippee! I would feel just like that, too.

crafty cat corner said...

What's this 'Gin Rummy' game Anne, I might be interested. I used to play scrabble all of the time but they have taken it down, I have and email if you can let me know about it.
Briony
x

MadSnapper said...

this was fun, you should make a list all week of questions and once a week do what you did today.. there were questions I wondered about but did not ask. these covered everything I wondered about. Ginny and I are details details details people. so happy about the no nights... it would be bad coming home after 9 pm in snow and ice and dark

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad it is working out. That's a hard time to work when it gets dark so early in the winter months. Thanks for the answers. I really need to do this. Someone asked me this week if I ever get ticks on my hikes...they are probably waiting for my answer! hahahaha!

Sandee said...

Love this post and the best part is you don't have to close two nights a week. Yippee indeed. I'm doing the happy dance.

Have a fabulous day off tomorrow, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Pam said...

Filling in from time to time would not be a big deal I am sure but to be slammed with doing it more, esp after expressing your thoughts would be the pits and show lack of respect on your bosses part. Glad he found another way around the issue.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

THANK YOU for balking!

Sorry to be .... well, whatever... But! I believe that people will take advantage of others, when they can. And "butter them up", before hand... ("You and one other, are the only ones I can trust.")

Don't just let 'em mess with your life style!

You didn't and you won!!!!!

Hooray!

Every Win counts!!!!!

-smile-

πŸπŸŒ°πŸŒ»πŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸŒ°πŸ

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you spoke up. You're doing the boss a favor if you make sure you don't get burned out. ❤️

CrystalChick said...

I'm glad you won't have to work nights!
Our anniversary is the day after Thanksgiving. And, our birthdays are near the holiday too, so November is usually busy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails