Thursday, July 20, 2023

Card making kit

I came up with the idea of making Presley her own card making kit.

To make the kit I cut and folded blank cards, cut colored cardstock and scrapbook paper. I gathered envelope, stickers, glitter pens scissors and glue sticks. I found a nice size plastic container to fit it all into and then I cut out vinyl to decorate the top. One of the envelopes I included had a stamp and my address already written on it so that she could make me a card and send it.




When she got it in the mail her mom sent me a video of her opening the package and then a picture of her making a card that same night.

I included a letter explaining that card making is my favorite craft and wanted to share it with her. I told her that I made the kit just for her so she could see if she thought it was a fun craft to do.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is an amazing idea!! And just perfect for her! I think anyone would have fun with this! My, she has grown!!

MadSnapper said...

maybe you should copyright this idea, make those kits for kids and they would sell like crazy. what a super idea. she looks so happy with it. can't wait to see her creation

Donna said...

Oh Ann! What a fabulous idea!! I know she's having a lot of fun making her own cards!!
hugs
Donna

Lori said...

What a great idea!! It looks like she is really going to enjoy making cards too. How awesome will it be to get a card from her?

Grace said...

You are an amazing Grandma!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a great idea! I was thinking of making myself a little pouch of things to take when we travel. I love to have something to do on a rainy day or a day I'm too tired to do anything else!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a fabulous idea. I can see that she loved it. You included so many things. Way to go!

Connie said...

I love it . . . not only is it a sweet and thoughtful gift, but a way of sharing your interests with her. She's always going to think of you when she's making cards or when she receives a handmade one in the mail.

Lin said...

OMG! It's PERFECT! I'm so glad you found a way to connect to her...just the two of you. :)

DeniseinVA said...

She must love this. What a great idea! She is very lucky to have you as a grandma.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a good idea :)

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I bet you just planted a seed that she will remember forever!

CheerfulMonk said...

What a wonderful idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails