Monday, July 31, 2023

yearly inspection

Lately I seem to have plenty of blog material so I'm running about a week behind when I post things. Last Monday I had my inspection on my vehicle. I took it down the night before and had Amanda give me a ride back home. Monday morning when they called to say it was done I had to walk down to get it. It's not that far maybe about 3/4 of a mile. Back in the day it would have been a piece of cake. These days I need to walk a little slower so the hips don't totally kill me. And at least the walk there is all down hill.

 I took this picture as I was walking past the catechetical center that's behind the Catholic Church. I figured I could come up with some witty saying but turns out I'm just putting it in this post.


Another year and my vehicle has passed no problem. It's getting older, is a 2015, so I've been expecting things to start going wrong and needing replaced. Last year I did need new brakes but this year all was good.


I remember when it used to cost about $20 to get a vehicle inspected. Now it's $62

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, that is quite a lot for an inspection. But maybe worth knowing you passed this year, so no repairs needed! Did you know that some states don't require inspection? I only learned that a year or so ago.

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad it went well. We don't need to get ours inspected. Not sure why.

MadSnapper said...

Georgia had inspections when I left there in 1984 but FL does not and did not. woo hoo. i think the last inspection I had was 10 dollars. wow on the cost of yours. Glad it passed for another year. I can't think of anything to say funny or not funny about the sign.. I can say it is a nice clear photo and glad the sun was shining on your walk to the car.

Lori said...

Florida and Illinois do not do inspections so I've never had to have them. It's probably good to know that nothing is going wrong with your car.

DeniseinVA said...

Thanks for sharing your walk with us. Glad your car got through its inspection okay.

Sandee said...

I'm glad you're good for another year. Always a good thing. You're right about everything costing so much more.

Have a fabulous day off, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Donna said...

They're going to stop inspections here in Texas as of 2025. I'm mad as a hater over it! We NEED inspects done on vehicles! Clunkers will be allowed to roam and some will cause more accidents. Things are going downhill, fast...
We have a 2011 Sierra truck and 2013 GMC Terrain. Both still doing well.
Happy week friend!
hugs
Donna

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad you car passed inspection. Nice that you were able to walk there to pick it up.

Jeanette said...

Here in MI we don't have to do inspections. However, we pay one of the highest auto insurance rates in the country so I guess we're not so fortunate!

Rose said...

Always good to nit have unforeseen problems. When I first came to Indiana, vehicles had to be inspected. It did not cost much at all. I am not sure when they did away with it, but know we have not had them in the past 40 yrs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails