Sunday, July 16, 2023

Card number three

For this card I used stamps and dies for the elements of the card. I used inks to color the background and then added embellishments with glitter pens. This is a very small card at three and a half by five. It's called a pop-up diorama card.

I'm not very good at coloring stamped images. I need a whole lot of practice. Or maybe it's just what I'm trying to color them with. If I use markers I have a hard time trying to shade things but if I use colored pencils it doesn't seem to work much better.



13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Too cute! I have never seen a card style like this. Like a real art diorama!!

MadSnapper said...

I like it because it is art, one of a kind. You know I love puns and this is a great one.

Rose said...

I thought this one is just made for Sandra because of the puns. I think it is well done!

Pam said...

Awesome. Bet family and friends enjoy getting cards from you. YOu do a good job

Lin said...

Try watercolor pencils. You color and then blend with a brush dipped in some water. It really helps to smooth out the color the way you like. Just test the water on a similar paper stock. Scrapbooking stock should tolerate the watercolor if you don't go too heavy with the water.

HWIT BLOGG said...

I just love your cards! Lovely!
Titti

Grace said...

What about watercolor brush pens?

happyone said...

Like it a lot. Have your tried painting with water colors?

Lori said...

Very cute!! I used to love using watercolor pencils. Do you ever use them?

CheerfulMonk said...

I love the pun, especially because I'm trying to remember to drink more water.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Cute card and I like the sayings.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice card.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

I like it, it is a cool card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails