Saturday, March 25, 2017

Old blue jeans

 A week or so ago Wade bought some new jeans for work and was going to throw out a few old pairs that had holes in them. I told him to save them because I had a plan.
Finally on my long weekend I got around to trying some things out. I completed 3 different projects. This first one you may have seen on facebook
I cut a piece of the leg off the jeans and brushed on some gesso. Once that was dry I started painting. I have a stash of bits and bobs that I went through and found the piece of muslin that I had stamped the "follow your dreams" on and I used some matte gel to adhere it to the painted denim. Once everything was dry I plopped it in a frame.

I'll show you another project tomorrow and then a third has to be mailed out and reach it's destination before I post it.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Oh I love this! How creative. Love the texture of the jeans thru the paint. Looks so good framed.
Looking forward to you sharing more.

crafty cat corner said...


All it takes is a bit of imagination and you've got plenty of that here. I love it.
Briony
x

bichonpawz said...

Honestly Ann! I just love this piece! You are very talented! I have always wanted to work with gesso...just haven't had the chance to try it yet. Happy Saturday!

MadSnapper said...

it really is so pretty and I love anything that is recycle or upcycle, and this is both... can't wait to see the others.

Marg said...

What a good idea and you made use of a throw away. Well done Ann.

Sandee said...

Way cool. You are so very talented. Waste not, want not.

Have a fabulous day off. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

I did see this on FB - and it is charming. The frame suits it very well. I'm not going to natter on about your creativity and imagination because I do that all the time -

Jeanette said...

I love that!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

That is such a neat idea!

Out on the prairie said...

Like it real well. My daughter made a huge rug from old jeans, but the weight was prohibitive to mail to her friend she wove it for.

Connie said...

You did a great job on this, and so creative. I love projects with old jeans and I'm looking forward to seeing your next one :)

Marie said...

such a cute idea! you're such a doer! :) looking forward to seeing more. :)
happy Sunday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails