Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Efficiency

Since I took over the bakery department in the store I work at, I've done a lot of work organizing it and making my day more efficient. Even after all these years I still find ways to tweak my system and make it better.

I have a thing about making forms. I do them on my own time at home. I've been called a brown noser for doing it. I fail to see how it's brown nosing when I'm doing it for myself. One example of how my forms have helped is my freezer count sheet. I used to have to go in the freezer twice a week to count what I had so I could do my order. Now with the form I created I can keep track of what goes in and comes out making ordering much easier. I still need to do a physical count but twice a month as opposed to twice a week makes me very happy.

The point of all of this is that Monday on my day off I made another new form to add to the collection. This one will make it way easier to do price checking on my products.


14 comments:

Jille said...

Let others say what they want, you are making your job more organised and efficient. Definitely makes life easier.

Unknown said...

I was starting to get very concerned. For I have not been able to get by here for a while, and after finding no mention (not even a hint!) of Gibbs as I scrolled down older posts, I was afraid that he was gone. FOUR WHOLE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been four whole days since the last thing about Gibbs. FOR SHAME! FOR SHAME!! FOR SHAME!!!

Duni said...

I'd be lost without my excel worksheets!!

Christine said...

If it works for you then it is great! I'm impressed by your organisational skills!

MadSnapper said...

I think people who make comments like that are just jealous they did not think of it themselves. I say anything you can do at home is good for work. I used to do the same thing. I would bring home something that was hard to understand and put it in real life words and hand out to the team.. glad you found a more efficient way

Hootin Anni said...

Makes sense to me....anything to make the job less stressful in right in my book!!

Hootin Anni said...

....meaning IS right in my book.

Out on the prairie said...

I am behind in that dept.

Jeanette said...

I will never understand why some people are so worried about what other people are doing! Just do your work and keep your nose out of mine! Happens all the time here!

Grace said...

And do other members of your department use your forms? I love forms for keeping track of things like inventory - just makes life easier. And more efficient. You do work with some petty people - I should think if some of the 'critics' are other department heads they would be asking if you could adjust your forms to work in their departments. But oh no, that might show up their lack of initiative. Of course it might also show their willingness to work smarter rather than harder. Gah!

Sandee said...

Just ignore the those rude folks. There are always those this find the negative in almost everything. I think it rocks that you've found ways to make your job easier. Good for you.

Have a fabulous day Ann. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are so organized, and that is good. The others are likely jealous because you work so much harder. Love your computer snowman wallpaper!

Marie said...

this is why you're in charge! :) the majority of the time employees making those comments will come and go.
are you an Aries?

Connie said...

Great form . . . anything that keeps you out of the freezer more, is a good thing :) Saving time is not a brown nose issue it a smart idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails