Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Flower power

My latest play time consists of looking for and experimenting with ways to make felt or fabric flowers. These will be used to make pins for Mother's day.

I've found lots of ideas on Pinterest and I won't even try to calculate how much time I've spent looking through all the ideas. I definitely have more ideas than I do actual flowers.  Truth is I've only made 2 so far.

This one is felt and glittery fun foam. The size is about 3" across.



This one is fabric with a rolled felt center and it's about 2 1/2" across not counting the leaves.

Of the two I like the fabric one better. The only thing is all the strings hanging from the frayed edges of the fabric. I've tried to cut them off but more magically appear. Maybe I'll try another one and cut the fabric with pinking shears to see what that looks like

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The second yellow one is my favorite, it is awesome! Who cares about the frays, it just adds to the charm! It is darling!!

Duni said...

Adorable! I love those swirly centers :)

MadSnapper said...

I like the yellow one best and I actually like the way the threads look, it gives it texture.

Grace said...

Truth to tell I like the yellow one better too. While I love purple, I hate pink. The threads are a bit distracting to me but as Sandra said they do add texture I'm just too OCD to let them them stay.

Anonymous said...

I like them both. I think the frays on the fabric one give it a nice look.

Connie said...

Hi Ann, I like the yellow one best, too . . . frayed edges and all.
It's perfect just the way it is :)
Have a happy day!
Connie :)

Sandee said...

I like the fabric one better too. You're so crafty.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Marie said...

I like them both! so cute! the first one reminds me of a flower on a lily pad. :)
hugs,
Marie

BeadedTail said...

Those look labor intensive to make but they are cute. The threads on the yellow one look like my clothes with Angel hair all over them!

Pam said...

Love the yellow one.

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

I agree I like the yellow one better - the little fabric pieces add texture to the pin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails