Friday, July 14, 2017

I tried something new

I didn't take a picture until I was finished. Briefly, I started with an 8x10 stretched canvas. I painted then added a photo that I printed. Added a little more paint here and there then some words that on one were printed from the computer, on the other it was hand written.

This is my daughter's cat Ace. I did this one using a saying she had posted on facebook. She said her favorite colors were pink, blue and green so I used a little bit of all three when I did the background. I also framed the picture of Ace by glueing on some green jute twine that I had.



This one of Gibbs I started by applying masking tape in a crumply fashion to the outer edges. The tape wasn't sticking down well enough so I added a layer of tissue paper to hold it all in better. Next I painted the whole thing black then added other colors to highlight the wrinkles I added the picture of Gibbs then fisnished it with his name. The capital G was cut from my cricut machine then I traced around the G on a piece of brown card, wrote out the rest of his name and then cut around it all. I added the glitter to all but the first letter then I glued on the die cut letter.

Both need a sealant sprayed on them but I don't have any until I get to the store. That won't change the look of them so for the picture  they were done.

I had fun doing these and may try with some other pictures.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are gorgeous, and so high class looking! My favorite is the cat one, in both the color and the letters. These are some of your best creations yet!

Duni said...

LOVE these! And that saying is perfect :)

crafty cat corner said...

Both pictures are fab. As commissions these would sell I'm sure.
Briony
x

Hootin Anni said...

Loving these both!!!

Ann, you have an email from me this morning!!! Couldn't resist after yesterday. [ymail.com] so if you don't see it by the end of the day, check your spam folder.

Anonymous said...

I love both! Cute as can be.

Out on the prairie said...

Gibbs will be hurt when he sees the cat shot

Marg said...

Those are some great pictures. We really like how you did that. Have a most wonderful day.

MadSnapper said...

they are really cute, I love them.. I am betting your daughter will love her kitty to.. are you hanging Gibbs in the bathroom? love the colors on Gibbs. playtime is funtime and in the end a treasure

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those came out so cute. You are very talented!

BeadedTail said...

Love these! They are fabulous! Amanda's kitty is cute! Of course Gibbs is cute too! You need a kitty!

Sandee said...

You really need a kitty, Ann. You really do. So cute the both of them.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and tons of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Pam said...

Great job Ann. I love what you did with Gibbs for sure. They are both neat. Yep, seems like TN is in the running for having the most colorful doors! I love it.

Ida said...

These are neat. I like them a lot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails