Sunday, July 2, 2017

In the yard

Yesterday started out as a very rainy day and after the rain stopped it was just a lazy day. I did get out in the yard with the camera for a bit though. I have two things to show you but I'll only give you one today and save the other for tomorrow.

The last couple years the hydrangea bush in my front yard has not not done well. One year it didn't bloom at all and the other it only had 2 flowers on it. About a month ago I noticed that it didn't look real healthy and I was afraid it wasn't going to do well again this year.  Well to my surprise, when I walked around the house yesterday I saw that it is green and lush and blooming like crazy. It's going to be loaded with flowers this year.




I should have backed off and taken a picture of the whole plant but didn't think of it until I was getting these pictures ready. A post for another day maybe.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so pretty, and of course the raindrops make any flower even prettier. We have a small one in front of the house, and it has had no blooms for years. They must be difficult to bloom.

MadSnapper said...

it is really beautiful and I love the raindrops. giggle glggle, I just looked up and saw Ginny said almost the same thing. glad it came back. daddy used to throw rusty nails and the dust from his metal grinder under them. it makes them turn really blue.

Out on the prairie said...

A hidden treasure, very beautiful

Anonymous said...

The blooms are beautiful!

Connie said...

It is gorgeous . . . something to certainly smile about :)

Sandee said...

I'm glad it made it and is thriving. It did it so you could have a blog post. Why not.

Have a fabulous day. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

I really like raindrop photos - I am not fond of hydrangeas.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Seeing the water drops makes me think I should take a spray bottle with me to spray the wildflowers I find. Looks good.

Pam said...

My fav flower! Beautiful. I love the rain drops that lay upon them. Great job.

Hootin Anni said...

Love the rain drops too.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You captured them perfectly!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails