Monday, July 3, 2017

In the yard part 2

Yesterday I was in the front yard today I'll take you to the back yard. I had just filled the bird feeder and hung two new suet cakes and the birds were quite happy.

I was rather excited when I saw the ones that were dining together. I've spotted the blue jay several times but have never been quick enough with the camera to catch him. Today was the day.


It's not the best picture so I thought I would play with it and see if I could make it look better


I eliminated the distracting poles and worked on making it look more like a painting. I still thought that the flag in the top center was a bit of a distraction so removing that was the last step.

And it's finished.


8 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, it's certainly a better Blue Jay picture than the ones I have taken. The little Gnome is the same size as the birds! So adorable!!!

Duni said...

It's so difficult to take pictures of small birds - you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

I like the changes you made. We see a lot of Blue Jays here, too.

MadSnapper said...

the funny thing is in the real photo I did not see the two black birds until you removed the flag, they popped out at me and I had to scroll up to see if they were there in the first photo. removing the flag made the birds POP out at me...

Out on the prairie said...

Jays are hard to catch. They are very smart and notice when a camera is watching them. I throw out shell peanuts for them and its fun to watch them crack them open.

Sandee said...

I love watching the birds too. We have tons of birds. Right now is peak time for the hummingbirds. They are everywhere and we have six large feeders that they are enjoying.

Have a fabulous day off, my friend. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Can you put his blue back?

Hootin Anni said...

I love blue jays...we don't get 'em this far south

Related Posts with Thumbnails