Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Why can't I just do things the easy way

I got home from work yesterday and couldn't take it anymore. I broke down and pulled out the hedge trimmer. 
It was time to attack the overgrown forsythia and get them back under control. I got this far....
... when I felt something stinging my finger. I set the trimmer down and this happened. The blades were still moving enough to cut through the extension cord.

 
I need to use two extension cords to reach the bushes. And wouldn't you know it the one I touched was the longer of the two. I am however sometimes a very determined person and I'm always stubborn so I was not going to leave this job half done. I dug around in the basement and found another extension cord I could use and was able to complete the job

7 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

The main thing is you didn't hurt yourself. Andy chewed up a finger with a chain saw years ago. He never did that again!

Hootin Anni said...

I swear .... This has happened to us too. We didn't have a spare cord. And they're not cheap to replace. At least it wasn't a finger or toe!!

MadSnapper said...

when i started to read i thought you got shocked or cut your self so when the rest of the story was told I was relieved. OMW!

Jeanette said...

Trimming hedges was always my least favorite outdoor chore! It was not so much the trimming as the cleaning up afterwards! Good thing you had a spare cord!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's looking good but I'm so sorry about the extension cord. Glad you didn't get hurt.

Sandee said...

This is so easy to do. I've got priors. Sorry about the extension cord.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥

Lin said...

Been there...done that...a number of times. Ugh. Glad you got it finished though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails