Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pinned inspiration

Recently while browsing through Pinterest I came across this

I can't find the exact post this belongs to but it was linked to a blog called Life is a Beautiful place to be.

Anyway, I really liked this idea and wanted to do something similar. Well, my similar really didn't turn out looking anything like this but I still liked it.
I started by creating a bit of an outline on paper and placing random things that I found in my stash in different squares.  I found some fabric that had all kinds of cute little Americana pictures so I cute several out.


The original plan was to put this on a pillow cover and up until the very end I was sticking with that plan. When I was looking for something else I happened to find a thrift store frame I had in the closet. I wondered if this piece would fit in the frame so I decided to try it on for size.

Forget about the pillow, it's going in the frame.


15 comments:

bichonpawz said...

Great idea Ann! It came out really nice!

MadSnapper said...

the frame fits like it was custom designed for it. will this be a keeper or go to the sale with you.

Jeanette said...

That's very cute!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Mom gets crazy on Pinterest. Lots of great ideas :-) You did great Ann. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Mom gets crazy on Pinterest. Lots of great ideas :-) You did great Ann. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

booahboo said...

This is neat... you always come up with the most creative crafts!

Grace said...

With my lack of creativity and imagination, I am always amazed that people think along these lines...and create something substantial. Very nice.

Unknown said...

I love this one :-)

Sandee said...

Way cute Ann. I love it. You are indeed very creative.

Have a fabulous day. My best to Duke. ♥♥♥

Sharkbytes said...

Very cute, and I always love patriotic!

BeadedTail said...

I love that one! What a great idea for just about any kind of collection to display! Cute!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

And you did an AWESOME job on this, Ann!...:)JP

sweetvintageofmine said...

I love crafty people and yours is SWEET! A wonderful keepsake for years to come...God Bless the USA! Roxie

Unknown said...

Craftiness kills.

Dee said...

Super cute....

Related Posts with Thumbnails